cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Additional Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to use the JCO Library as additional library from the NDWS. I can use this library in my sourcecode without any problems, but if I want to build the DC, he didn´t find the library. I have put the other external libraries in a seperate external library DC an put them to the public part of it. This works fine. But what should I have to do to uses the additional libraries of the NWDS and build the DC?

Kind regards

Axel-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that is what I have done with some libraries and it works, but in further case I need the JCO library. I have to use the JCO libraray from the NDWS. If I use another one I get several mistakes. But how can I import this JCO library into my Project to build my DC?

Kind regards

Axel

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Axel,

Don`t really understand your requirements. You would like to use version of JCO which differs from version on you server and NWDS enviroment, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to use the JCO library from the server. Following things I have done:

Right click on project --> Add/Remove Additional Libraries --> Expand sap.com --> put a check next to com.sap.mw.jco.

Expand Application -->double click on application-j2ee-engine.xml --> In the general tab, highlight references and click add --> Click select library/interface/service button --> Check the same box as above.

After that I could use the JCO library in my sourcecode. But if I want to build the DC, he said that he couldn´t find the JCO library. I think I have to put the library to the used library part of my DC. But I didn´t know how I can put it to the used library part of the DC.

Kind regard

Axel

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Axel,

JCO library as DC is available in compartment "SAP-JEE" and name of DC is "com.sap.mw.jco". There is only one public part - "default". Go to "Development Configurations Perspective" and expand "Local Development" node. In case you are using different configuration, add public parts from DC`s which are under same configuration like your project which needs public part usage.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

fine it works!!

Regard

Axel

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Axel,

See nice Valery`s blog describing how to "...use third-party libraries in SAP J2EE applications..."

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.