cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order combination and frieght charges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus,

Scenario: customer 'x' places orders every day. once the material is available we want to ship it. so lets say that for orders placed on monday and tuesday ...material is available on wednesday. so i consolidate the two orders and make one delivery. and then after packing the delivery, shipper will call different frieght companies and get quote and choose one depending on rate and time. once he get that information he wants to add that charge in delivery.what do i configure this scenairo in sap and how do i add freight charges in every delivery??

please help me out.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can pass freight costs on to your customers by using special condition types that relate to shipping and freight charges. The standard SD application component includes predefined condition types that are based on Incoterms.

The standard R/3 System includes two predefined freight conditions:

*Freight condition type KF00 applies to each item in a sales document. During automatic pricing, the system searches for valid condition records that apply to this freight condition.

*Freight condition type HD00 can only be applied to an entire document. You enter this freight manually during sales order processing.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A) Implement shipment costing and shipment (if not done). You can enter prices here.

B) If you invoice per delivery (not per order), you could enter a manual condition in the billing document. I had one customer to refused to use shipment costing and had some strange scenario to PGI directly after delivery creation, so we entered the price in the Bill Of Lading Number (one of the few fields open after PGI) and copied it in through a user defined copy procedure into pricing ...

Not really recommendable, but works.

Cheers

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,

what is the need of creating shipment document while i'm able to create one delivery for all same shipto orders. our client business process is simple and they dont want to add few more documents(shipment and shipment cost). just for frieght costing is it worthwhile to use shipment doc and shipment cost??

i saw a conditions tab in delivery....shall we enter frieght condition types there?

please suggest as it is very imp req for my client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

I do not see the need either, except for shipment costing. As I said before, our client did not want to go down that track, so we used a way around.

I think the reason why SAP is not set up to do freight costing on deliveries is, that you can combine 2 orders (with different pricing procedures) into one delivery and split them up again in the invoice. So there is no guarantee, that your condition would be in both orders / invoices.

If you need to do costing on the deliveries, you need to set up shipment costing or bypass the SAP logic, unfortunately.

Thanks for the previous points, and sorry that I cannot offer a better solution.