cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing KM repository through Web Dynpro Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to save a pdf file in the KM repository in the portal using web dynpro java. I have found the external jar files that I need, however I am having trouble referencing them. I need to access the com.sapportals.wcm jar files on the WEB AS, however, it is a UNIX box and I cannot reference the paths as it states below:

In the dialog box displayed enter WEBAS_HOME as the Name. Enter the following Path for the directory: <harddisk>\usr\sap\<instance name>\JC<instance number>\j2ee\cluster\server<server number> (for example: c:\usr\sap\F48\JC30\j2ee\cluster\server0)

Create another variable with the Name PORTAL_HOME. Enter the following Path for the directory: WEBAS_HOME\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\portal\ (for example: c:\usr\sap\F48\JC30\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\portal\)

Can someone please tell me the path to use for a Unix box???

Thank you.

Tara

Will reward points for helpful answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer following thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/777954

http://scn.sap.com/thread/776486

Regards,

P.Manivannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying. I have already read these threads and I can add the external jar files that I needs from my c:\ drive to the Java Build Path Library, but everytime I build my project the jar files disappear from the Java Build Path library. This means that my code never compiles. Can anyone please tell me how to stop this from happening? Is there another way I should be importing the external jar files?

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl go through page 7 of this doc Using Knowledge Management Functionality in Web... | SCN

It explains how to include the needed jar files.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I have been using that exact document to try and get my code working and that is where my problem is. I can't add the external jar files because I don't know how to reference the directory path because our WEB AS is on a Unix box. I have tried /usr/sap/EPD/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0 , but it doesn’t seem to work. Can someone please tell me who to reference the WEB AS through Developer Studio if it is a UNIX box??

Thanks

Saravanan_SD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tara,

The JAR files necessary for accessing KM is available in the plugin folder of NWDS. You can find the jar under the below path where NWDS is installed.

eclipse\plugins\com.sap.km.rfwizard\lib

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. But do you know why these jar files disappear from my java build path library after I build my development component??