Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a couple of questions:

1. I created an integration model with selection take all materials in the plant P1. This model had about 4000 materials when I generated and activated it.

Now few more materials are created and when I go to the model and check in CFM2. it is still showing 4000 materials without the new ones included.When I went to CFM1 and created the model again, it then has the 4020 material. When I activate a new model is displayed.

In a production system, do I need to keep regenerating the model every one in a month or so to get the models updated? please let me know the best practice.

2. When I transfer a material to APO, I go to /SAPAPO/MAT1 and check if the material is assigned to a model. I see 000 assignment, which is good. But when I click on choose "choose planning version ", I enter 000 and it says "No simulation parameters could be set for the active version". but the same is good when I selected an inactive version 001.

Should this be 000?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

samir_ali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

On CIF Material :-

My suggestion is

1)Create Variants for Genreation of material Integration model and activation

2) Create & schedule a Nightly Cif job which will run daily automatically.

step1 RIMODGEN << variant Name as saved in CFM1>>

step2 RIMODAC2 << variant Name as saved in CFM2>>

3) Now to handle daily changes to existing materials will be done thru CFC9 settings.

Hope this will solve your issue

Regards

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you srinivas, Harish and Samir. I got the first question answered. My problem is whenever I CIF a material, then it shows up in active model 000 and inactive version 001. Am I missing any settings? SHouldn't this be in active version?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

the only clue i can get from your question is that you have setting version 001 as an active version. Hence you are seeing the material in version 001. Please check your settings again.

Regards

kiran

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you still have a problem after generating and activating try doing RIMODINI transaction with your master data.

will do a initial transfer of all the generated master data.

Suggestion: it should be a practice to generate, activate and also do a rimodini for all master data.

Regards,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Ideally you should be regenerating the models - there are a few programs that do it. So set it up with the broad coverage of products and locations and let it run periodically

2. what comes through to Mat1 is version independent and has 000 model assigned to it. Being the active version 000 planning version you cant change any parameters that you can do for the simulation version. Also so maintain for the simulation versions you need to do a version copy of the master data

(The model contains only master data, whereas the planning version contains master data and transaction data.)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CIF --> Best practice is to generate and activate the model everyday. the model typically should have MRP Type as a selection criteria and hence when someone switches to an APO desired MRP type, the model is regenerated with the new selection everyday and activated.

On your second Q, when material gets transferred to APO it should automatically get assigned to active version. You are not supposed to reassign it to active version. If you specifically require the material to be part of simulation version, you can assign it to the other version.