cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error for COM routine using application program (return code 40069)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our planning book, sometimes, when we change a value and save, we are getting a pop up with the message "Error for COM routine using application program (return code 40069)". When we click ok, the value in that cell is reset to the previous value.

I initially thought this is due to duplicate CVCs and ran the consistency checks, /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK and /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONS_CHECK. I found few and corrected them. Now even after correcting them, I am still getting this COM error.

I could not find any SAP notes on this.

I switched on the SQL trace in ST05 and executed the same operation to get the COM error.

I noticed this part of the trace that is unusual and I am guessing that is what the system is doing when I get the error.

Can somebody please explain me the meaning of this attached trace?

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pMjKR_3qLaxblBDDPfRt6cw

what does the SIM_SIMSESSION_CONTROL do?

Does CALL USER.SAPTS_AGGMULT_TIMESERIES mean there are duplicate time series?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj G ,

You got the LCA RC 40069, the meaning of this LCA return code is

"DP-Propagation aborted: update of init-increase is not allowed"

The information given by you is not enouph to get clear on the reported issue:

-> What is the version of your system?

-> What is the version/build of the LCA package on your system?

Did you get the reported issue with the latest released LCA build for the your SCM version?

-> What LCA routine gave you the RC 40069?

-> What application scenario you was running ?

-> Could you avoid upploading initial values in your scenario?

As SAP customer you have the SAP support option ==> please open the OSS ticket for the component 'BC-DB-LCA' if you have questions/problems with LCA routines to run the liveCache applications, we could logon to your system via OSS & check the reported problem closer on your system.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

The message has more db technical terms. I will answer to my best of knowledge.

-> What is the version of your system? : SCM 5.0 SP 10

-> What is the version/build of the LCA package on your system? : is it LCAPPS? if so it is 2005_700 level 5.

Did you get the reported issue with the latest released LCA build for the your SCM version?

Not sure. I can check with my db admin.

-> What LCA routine gave you the RC 40069?: Not sure what you mean by this.

-> What application scenario you was running ? : I was in a planing book in SDP94 at a drill down level and when I change a value and save, it gives me this COM error with RC 40069.

-> Could you avoid upploading initial values in your scenario?: NO. ANy value that is not leaded is initial. Because the planner should be able to enter 0 in that cell sometimes. SO he needs the differentiation.

I will open a SAP note.

Thanks for all the suggestions and time spent.

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj G ,

"What is the version/build of the LCA package on your system? : is it LCAPPS? if so it is 2005_700 level 5.

Not sure. I can check with my db admin."

Please run the TA /n/sapapo/om04 or /n/sapapo/om13, where you will see the information

about the LCA build on your system.

Please go at service.sap.com/liveCache -> Release-Dependent -> SAP LC/LCAPPS 5.0 ->

"Matrix of released LCA builds for SAP LC/LCAPPS 5.0"

50.14 PL 002 - SAP Note 1119052 < The latest released LCA build for SCM 5.0 is LCA build 14 >

"What LCA routine gave you the RC 40069?: Not sure what you mean by this. "

You reported the LCA RC 40069 during the liveCache application run, this return code

from the LCA routine. The question was what LCA routine gave this RC.

If you don't know, please let me know, if you already created the OSS message for this issue.

If you will give the reproducible scenario, it could be identified on your system.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Natalia. Our system is LCA build7. I opened an OSS message. I will comback and update you once I get the reply from them.

Thanks for all your time.

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj G,

-> What is the OSS number of the SAP ticket?

-> Could you please run the upgrade to the latest released LCA build for the SCM 5.0,

SAP note 1119052, and test your appl. scenario after that.

Thank you & best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is solved after SAP suggested us to upgrade the COM build. Thanks for all the help.