cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from 3.x to 7.0 DataSource

Former Member
0 Kudos

While migrating from 3.x DataSource to 7.0 DataSource, I did not get requested for a transport. I am thinking one of 2 things: the transport will be included when collecting the new transformation and datasource OR when the new datasource and transformation is transport across landscape, the deletion of the old transfer rules, will occur as well. Please let me know if this is incorrect.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you wouldn't be prompted with a request to capture the migration.

Once you transport the datasource definition from BID to BIQ it should migrate the datasource or migrate it in the target system.

Deletion of old transfer rules ??

You have to send the deletion request for transfer rules as well...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the transport request turned off in your system?

If not then, When you migrate a 3.x to BI 7 datasource, you Should get a prompt "If you want to migrate 'with export' or 'without export'. Did you get this? You have to select 'With Export' option so that if you want to switch back to 3.x datasource later, you will be able to do it. Here is when you should be getting a transport request prompt.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

correct and you need to have this transport available inorder to get it transported into QA and PROD systems

The another transport should be deleting the transfer rules etc..in the other landscapes and have the new DTP and transformation developed in the development environment.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

And if you still have problems after migrating datasources in QA and PROD where the datasource becomes inactive.

check this 1056060 - DataSource: Reactivation in the production system

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I did not receive a transport request in order to capture the deletion, should I revert back to 3.x and try again? I did migration with export so I believe that I could do this within RSDS...Is that the best option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you were not asked for a Transport Request when making the conversion, just make sure to go to "Transport Connection", select "In Data Flow Before" and include the Objects you converted.

All new structures will go there. If you have an existing transport request you can use that one, otherwise, just create a new one, assign proper Package (should have $TMP by default) to the new objects and transport.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this mean that you are stating that the deletion of the old transfer rules and the datasource assignment will be remove (in the case where it was a flexible datasource, now direct transformation)? This is my biggest concern that since the deletion has not been captured, that we will have an issue when the transport goes over. We have fixed the transport connection with the help of Basis and now it asks for a transport but I don't see the deletion of the transfer rules that are currently in the other environments? Let me know your experiences.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found this blog out there that helped me out and answered my question.

http://www.econsultantresources.com/index.php?view=article&catid=48%3Asap-business-intelligence&id=6...