Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to find out, how many times a particular user logged into the system for a specific year?

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have the security audit log activated (SM19 / SM20), and you have the audit class "Dialog Logon", you will be able to run SM20 to show the logons for that year.

0 Kudos

How do I activate the security log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normaly the data is stored only for about3 Months hence you will not get it back to one year !

0 Kudos

George:

Can you please let me know through which Transaction it is possible to find out all Users who logged in Jan, Feb and March and also how many times they have logged in Jan, Feb and march?

0 Kudos

Execute TRX SM20 --> Th efield there are self explanatory. however make sure you choose "system wide " audit logs else it would take only that instance which you are logged on to

0 Kudos

I did try Transaction SM20, in the User Statistics, I dont see any Users

Number of entries =50, when I check that, it says " No Further Information is Available for this Line"

0 Kudos

hi naga,

the security audit log (sm19) should be first activated to see the details in sm20.

during normal work we don't activate this, same must be the case for your system.

that's why you are not able to see the log in sm20.

-neha

0 Kudos

You can activate the static audit log for audit relevant information which you require for security reasons.

You can activate the dynamic audit log for audit relevant information during exceptions (for example SAP request access to your system).

Both of these can be activated in SM19, subject to the rsau/* system parameters.

Please test the settings and for which reason they work (static or dynamic) on your system to confirm that the log is recording the information.

You will need to restart your instances, most likely more than just once to get it to work as per your requirements.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I created a new Audit and activated. In Static Configuration, it shows my new Audit and in Dynamic Configuration, the status is Active.

So when I went to SM20, still not able to see any values.

Julius: Which instances, I need to restart?

0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

The following instance profiles must be set in order to activate audit logging (use transaction RZ10 to do so).

rsau/enable: Set to 1 to activates audit logging

rsau/local/file: Name and location of the audit log file

rsau/max_diskspace/local: Max. space of the audit file. If maximum size is reached auditing stops.

rsau/selection_slots: Max. number of filters

The settings are activated only after the instance has been restarted.

You will be able to see reports/data for the users from the time you restart. Data for jan and feb will not be available.

Only disadvantage of activating audit logs for long time are the performance and disk space usage.

0 Kudos

If I remember correctly, the rsau/* profile parameters are all static.

You have to get the sequence correct for setting it up, otherwise it wipes out your settings when you restart the system.

My recommendation:

1) Read the various threads here on the rsau/* parameters

2) Check service.sap.com for a Guide or FAQ SAO note.

3) Set your rsau/* parameters the way you want them, and restart the system.

4) Use the dynamic filters to activate a filter for the base-line of logging which you want.

5) Once you are happy, make the same settings in a static filter(s) and restart the system.

6) Then remove the dynamic filter and use it only for special tracking (for dynamic filter changes, a restart of the system is not required).

You might also want to consider adding static filters for all events of the standard users DDIC, SAP*, etc which should not be used during normal day to day operations.

Cheers,

Julius