Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-codes SCOT, SPAD and SP01

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I have question on t-codes SCOT, SPAD and SP01. Correct me where I am wrong. I know that we create output devices in SPAD i.e. faxes, printers. We see the spool request in Sp01. We configure SCOT to send Fax and mails to outside SAP.

*Is that correct statement … “Creating a device type is MUST in order to send FAX for SAP .*

FYI

SAPconnect Administration (Transaction SCOT)

You have to configure SAPconnect settings for every client that is used for send processes.

Default Domain

Under Settings ® Default Domain, define the domain of the SAP system client. This allows for the following to take place:

1. The SMTP plug-in logs on to the mail server using the domain as ID.

2. The message ID of the outbound e-mails is assembled with this domain.

3. If an SAP user who does not have an Internet mail address sends an e-mail, a sender address consisting of the SAP user name and this domain is generated.

Nodes

Each client has an SMTP node. This node is created by the SAP system and cannot be deleted. The following steps need to be carried out to configure the node so that sending Internet mail is possible:

1. Make sure you are in the Node view.

2. Double-click the node name.

3. Choose Node in use.

4. In the Mail Host and Mail Port fields, specify the mail server to which the outbound mails are to be sent.

5. Next to Internet, choose Settings.

6. Enter the address area of the recipient addresses that are to be reached using this node. In general, * is used if all e-mails are to be sent using SMTP.

7. Enter the output format for SAP documents. We recommend that you use the following settings:

SAPscript/Smart Forms PDF

ABAP list HTM

Business Object / Link HTM

RAW Text TXT

8. Confirm your selection.

If you also want to configure the node for sending faxes:

1. Next to Fax, choose Settings.

2. Enter the address area of the recipient addresses that are to be reached using this node. In general, * is used if all faxes are to be sent using SMTP.

3. Enter the output format for SAP documents. We recommend that you use the following settings:

SAPscript/Smart Forms PDF

ABAP list PDF

Business Object / Link TXT

RAW Text TXT

4. Enter the domain of the fax server or fax provider under Conversion into Internet Address. The system generates the local part of the Internet address automatically. The address therefore takes this format: FAX=+RecipientNumber@Domain.

5. Confirm your selection.

If you also want to configure the node for sending text messages (pager/SMS):

1. Next to Pager (SMS), choose Settings.

2. Enter the address area of the recipient addresses that are to be reached using this node. In general, * is used if all text messages (pager/SMS) are to be sent using SMTP.

3. Enter the domain of the text message (pager/SMS) server or provider under Conversion into Internet Address. The system generates the local part of the Internet address automatically. The address therefore takes this format: SMS=+RecipientNumber@Domain.

4. Confirm your selection.

Send Job

E-mails sent from an SAP application are first stored in a queue. A periodical background process, the SAPconnect send job, gets the e-mails from this queue and sends them over the Internet. To schedule this job in SAPconnect: Administration, proceed as follows:

1. Choose View ® Jobs.

2. If no other job has been scheduled, choose Job ® Create.

3. Enter a job name and confirm it.

4. Select the variant SAP&CONNECTALL by positioning the cursor on it.

5. Choose Schedule Job.

6. Choose Schedule periodically.

7. Select the interval you require, such as 10 minutes.

8. Choose Create.

Inbound

If you want incoming e-mails that have a particular address or particular content to automatically start a program that processes these mails, you can configure this under Settings ® Inbound Processing.

If you want incoming e-mails that have a particular address or come from a particular sender to be automatically forwarded to another recipient or another distribution list, you can configure this under Settings ® Inbound Processing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am going to move this to the NW Administrator forum, and Juan, Ruchit, Oliver & Co. will no doubt have more experience with this.

If you have a security concern, please clarify and we can move it back.

If you know of a security concern which you think SAP should fix (for example, the system forces someone sending a fax to have Spool Admin rights...) then please contact the email address: s e c u r i t y ( a t ) s a p ( d o t ) c o m to report it.

Cheers,

Julius

PS: Issuing a COMMIT WORK before you call the SEND function might help, I am told.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saquib,

Usually SAP customers use Fax Servers like Rightfax via SMTP to send faxes from SAP

In order to achieve that you need to configure the FAX node in SCOT to connect to your FAX Server host...

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm

No SPAD device is necesary... SPAD is only to configure output devices.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Device type is actually necessary and I will tell you why.. at least for e-mails. Whenver SAP is sending out a document via SCOT it would need to ensure that the characters present in the document in SAP particularily the attachments(SAPscritps,forms) are preserved as they are originally in SAP. This is ensured using SAP. I myself have configured two nodes for mail sending having two seperate device types- one for western European countries and the other one for Greece. In the node for Greece I had to use a device type that we had originally created for usage in Greek only printers. So yes device type is necessary and I am pretty much convined that it is needed for fax also. Device type creation ain't necessary. It is just that you can select from available ones in the system if they match your requirements. Else you need tp create one.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where is the security issue?

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no issue, I only want that somebody who is doing Basis and know basis confirm that this statement is true .. ““Creating a device type in SPAD is MUST in order to send FAX .*”

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> There is no issue, I only want that somebody who is doing Basis............

Point is, this is the security forum. A lot of us will know how to secure devices and configuration but do not have experience with configuring them.

Better have a look [here|/community [original link is broken]; for a more relevant forum.

Jurjen