Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when calling a Business Connector RFC destination from SRM

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are facing one problem with data Purchase Order transmission between SRM 5.0 (SRM_SERVER 5.5, extended classic scenario) and Business Connector 4.7.

We made needed customizing in order to have "XML / XI" output medium available in tab 'Company Data' in "Manage Business Partners" web transaction (by updating BBP_USE_AI table in SM30 transaction).

Then, we implemented BAdI definition BBP_EBPXML_OUT_BADI with method PURCHASEORDER in order to change XI system type to Business Connector.

In this way, PO transfer data between SRM and BC is done using BC Module Function BAPI_POEC_XML_SEND (TCP/IP RFC connection was defined for Purchase Order in BBPC_RFCDEST table).

Nevertheless, even if method BBP_PO_SEND_XML is correctly triggered when PO is created with a vendor with XML output medium, we have in the document output log ("Process Purchase Order" web transaction) an error message:

' Error (Unknown Partner and Message Type. Routing Rule created. Sender: SMR Receiver:) when calling RFC destination BC '

where SRM is the SRM log. sys. and BC the Business Connector log. sys.

Our EAI team is working on it, but if you have any idea, your are welcome !

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Laurent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

I'm no expert in this, but it sounds as if the PO reaches the BC but the BC could not connect to the supplier's system.

Another hint: One of my customers uses the BC to send POs to suppliers, too. He had to create two routing rules. One named "EBP" and one named after the logical system, e.g. "EBPCLNT100".

Good luck!

Best regards,

Karsten

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karsten,

Thank you for your reply: i will check it when the EAI team.

Regards.

Laurent.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Error message written in my first message is solved now.

However, we have now another message dealing with the SAP Java Connector.

It is:

"JCO.Server could not create server function 'BAPI_POEC_XML_SEND'"

According to our EAI team, it seems to be due to missing service BAPI_POEC_XML_SEND.

Do they have to add some services in Business Connector ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laurent,

sorry for the late reply, I was in Easter holidays.

I can't remember exactly, and I have yet no access to the customer system where this is implemented, but I guess you have to add the service BAPI_POEC_XML_SEND in the business connector.

On the other hand, this should have been delivered with the standard packages because this is a standard functionality.

I will give you a more detailed answer as soon as I have access to a BC.

Best regards,

Karsten

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karsten,

Thank you for your reply.

First error message was effectively due to one missing routing rule.

Now, for our last error message, SAP_EBP package must be installed for our Business Connector.

This package can be found in OSS note 790053 - Collective Note for SRM vendor XML communication with BC.

Package SAP_EBP_CUSTOMIZING is also delivered.

I will update the message when package will be OK in BC.

Regards.

Laurent.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Package SAP_EBP was installed in the SAP Business Connector.

Nevertheless, we still have some problems with data transfer from SRM to BC.

Indeed, we have now error message sent by BC:

Error (com.wm.lang.xml.WMDocumentException: Invalid bXML document: Received empty docum) when calling RFC dest.

It sounds like some mandatory data are not transmitted to Business Connector.

However, when calling MF BAPI_POEC_XML_SEND by RFC from SRM to BC, exporting and table data are filled in.

Does anyone have an idea about what we need to check ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Laurent.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I carry on with my message...

We add data for table sbcheader in order to give log. sys. for the sender (SRM) and the receiver (BC) when calling BAPI_POEC_XML_SEND.

With these data, the document output status is 'Successfully processed'.

Unfortunetly, the EAI team tells me that no data are received by Business Connector.

Is there some process in BC on SRM data passed on before data received by BC are validated ?

Regards.

Laurent.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Noone has an idea about my request ?

Thanks.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in such cases it makes sense to increase the log level in BC from 4 (default) to e.g. 8, for both the server log and the SAP Adapter log. Then resend your data from SAP and check what the logs are saying. This should give a clear indication about how far the data come and where the problem is.

CSY

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

Thank you for your help. However, we abandoned this solution between SRM and Business Connector.

So, we followed instructions indicated in OSS note 883693 - "ECS: PO output determination in R/3".

Nevertheless, in order to restrict this behaviour for specific vendors and purchasing organizations, we added some filters.

It is working fine.

However, when the PO is modified in SRM, then order again, PO is modified in R/3 (by the RFC user from SRM) more than once.

As a consequence, we have as much messages as modifications of the order in R/3 (due to multiple RFC access with the SRM RFC user).

Does anybody have an idea to have only one R/3 output message when the PO is modified in SRM ?

One solution could be to check in the NAST table if the time creation of the last output message is lower than, for example, one minute.

If it is the case, we do not allow R/3 ouput message.

Any suggestions is welcome.

Regards.

Laurent.

Answers (0)