Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel upload

macds
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible for a Visual Composer application to upload an excel file.

I need to develop an application where the user, in the portal, enters an excel file name, the application uploads the file and sends it to an BAPI in R/3.

Can anyone help please ?

Cheers

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear James.

this functionality is not yet available in visual composer.

Unless you are going to code it this option is not yet available

Regards,

Sami

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

you can use the KM feature to upload a file in a certain directory or you can creata a sharefolder where the users can store their files. Then you can access the excel data via JDBC driver then you have it in VC in a table and the user can check the data and pass it to a R/3 BAPI or ABAP RFC. This could be a possible solution.

Anyway, it depends on your requirements. If the user only uploads an excel sheet for passing data into R/3 system you can also use the Exchange Infrastructure (now known as PI ).

But it's diffilcult for me to recommend you a solution without knowing the process, data and requirements. If you want we can discuss it here via forum if VC is the best solution for you.

Best Regards,

Marcel

macds
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your comments.

Basically, I am working on a proof of concept project using the SAP discovery box. The remit is to carry out certain tasks on the "edge" applications (Portals, PI etc) without having to change or code on the R/3 box.

One of the task is to demonstrate an article number checking tool.

The business recieve excel files from vendors with lists of thousands of articles in the them. The users then log onto SAP and manually check whether we already stock these articles using the manufactures partner number.

Being an old hat at ABAP, I would normally write a program to upload the file and process it in the SAP R/3 box.

However, for the proof of concept, I need to keep the R/3 work to a minimum and produce this through other tools.

The vision would be the user logging on to SAP portal, a page displayed where they select the Excel file and click "process". The file would then be uplaoded, processed (this may need a small RFC written on R/3 to complete) and then return a list, split into two tables, of articles we stock and those we don't.

I am very new to VC, PI, Developer studio etc. Any guidence in the correct and quickest solution would be much appreciated.

By the way, the R/3 box is a 4.6c, no web services to use !

Cheers

James