Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-interactive PDF forms & licences

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need an advice. I created WD application using non-interactive PDF form. Actually I used UI element InteractiveForm but we didn't place any editable element (text box, dropdown list, ...) into it. We just want to generate the PDF form dynamically. And now we need to know whether it's necessary to buy any licence for this use case. Does somebody know that?

After deployment I can't open the PDF form. The report "500 Internal Server Error ..." is displayed and there is message "... The error is: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: Failed to UPDATEDATAINPDF ..." in defaltTrace file.

Thank you in advance!

Regards

Zbynek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is a non-interactive form. Changet the form properties to non-interactive/ print form

You ncan set it at Edit -> Form Properties -> Default..

Now deploy and test it. This should work. For non-interactive forms, it is not necessary to havet he credentials.

Hope this works

Regards,

Antony John Isacc.

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much! The answer was really helpful. But I have one more question. I have changed preview type from INTERACTIVE FORM to PRINT FORM as you recommended but it still doesn't work.

There is written "

...PDFObjectRuntimeException: Processing exception during a "UsageRights" operation.

com.adobe.ProcessingException: Could not retrieve a password for credential: ReaderRights.

" in defaultTrace file.

Till now I didn't asked SAP for sending credential. Now I did that. Do you think that it could be the problem? I thought it's not necessary for non-interactive forms.

Regards,

Zbynek

Former Member
0 Kudos

For non-intetractive forms, license is not the problem.

Change the properties of the Interctive from element in WebDynpro Java. Change 'enabled' to false and 'display type' to native.

If your WAS and ADS is up, you will see the non-interactive form

- anto.

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

I found out we did't installed the credential file. After his installing the problem is solved. Any way thank you for your tip with switching PDF form type!

Zbynek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zbynek Kabrt,

Which credential file did you mean? I am having the same problem.

You need the credential file even if you are in a Non-interactive PDF forms & licences?

Regards,

Orlando Covault

Edited by: Orlando Covault on Mar 25, 2008 10:38 PM

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Orlando,

follow SAP Note 736902.

Zbynek

Answers (0)