cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error for COM routine using application program (return code 40069)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our planning book, sometimes, when we change a value and save, we are getting a pop up with the message "Error for COM routine using application program (return code 40069)". When we click ok, the value in that cell is reset to the previous value.

I initially thought this is due to duplicate CVCs and ran the consistency checks, /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK and /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONS_CHECK. I found few and corrected them. Now even after correcting them, I am still getting this COM error.

I could not find any SAP notes on this.

I switched on the SQL trace in ST05 and executed the same operation to get the COM error.

I noticed this part of the trace that is unusual and I am guessing that is what the system is doing when I get the error.

Can somebody please explain me the meaning of this attached trace?

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pMjKR_3qLaxblBDDPfRt6cw

what does the SIM_SIMSESSION_CONTROL do?

Does CALL USER.SAPTS_AGGMULT_TIMESERIES mean there are duplicate time series?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your planning area extended to be greater than the planning books?

sometimes reinitializing the planning are will solve this error

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I may not be technical person but may be the following thread on SIMSESSION may help.

ST05 trace only gives DB level traces. It would not give you traces of things happening in Live Cache since there are stored DB procedures that are called for LC activity.

Did you do OSS search on "return code 40069" ? CHeck OSS note 863244. See if it is applicable.