cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Purchasing Groups to One Person

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are running SRM5.0 Classic Scenario. I need to have a User to select any purchasing group in a selection. Org.Structre example:

Root Node org unit

Company org unit

Purchasing Org ( R/3 P.org)

R/3 Purchasing Groups org unit

Regions org unit

Note: 1.Purchasing Groups are added under the R/3 Purchasing Groups org unit with Organizational Responsibility without entries. The Product Responsibility Tab has all R/3 products entries. Responsibilty is maintained at the P.Group Level.

2. The Region becomes the Org. Unit and will have a region name under as a Branch Org, and the Department Org unit under the Branch. Users are added under the Department Org Unit.These org units do not have Responsibility.

How do I make the User to select any P.Group and Use it. I managed to have the User to select all these P.Groups when creating a shopping under the Extended Details tab, but the P.Group does not get selected, instead a P.Group on top of the list gets selected and used for SC creation.

Please HELP..!!!

Lebo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The default settings value for Purchasing group works in the following

way : the correct purchasing group is determined on the basis of the

product category. And this information you can find out in the

organizational responsibilty in the PPOMA_BBP

( i.e. which purchasing organizations can potentially procure for the

department user). Also in the product responsibility we maintain which

product category(s) the purchasing organization is responsible. And if

system finds several purchasing groups that are responsible for the same

department and the same product category it will take the first one in

the table. You can confirm this behavior by changing the product

category in the default setting and you will see that it automatically

adjust the correct purchaing groups.

I hope this helps.

Thanks and regards,

Gaurav

• Do reward for useful answer*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurav

i ahve had the Responsibility tab the same as you described long ago, but it kept defaulting back to the Purch.Group on top of the list. However, I have realised this morning that during shopping cart creation, you need to click 'Refresh and or Check so that the system accepts the selected Purch.Group. If you dont refresh or check, the system will roll back to the Purch Group on your list. I think there is a BUG in the system. If anyone can assist in sorting this bug issues, then my problem will be resolved.

Thanks,

• I have awarded points for helpful answers****

Answers (0)