Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract PDL from a PDF document

barca23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to perform the following task but doesn't find a solution.

I have a PDF stored on my Content server (KPRO) and want to print it using the SAP spool(SP01).I have try to use the FM ADS_SR_OPEN of creation of spool directly but i need the content of the PCL file.

Do you have any idea how to achieve this?

Thank you for your help,

Pelaez Lopez Philippe

Edited by: Philippe Lopez on Mar 13, 2008 5:24 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I recommend you to visit folks in Printing forum under ABAP where people like Sandra Rossi and others can help you on this.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

Have a look at this Wiki page [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/snippets/transformDIRintoBinaryTable] , i explain how to extract the content of DIR into binary table that should help you

Regards

barca23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Bertrand,

Thank you for answering but my demand was more complex that extracting the binary from the KRPO.

I have asked SAP but it's not possible to extract the PDL of a PDF document not generated by the ADS server.

So, it's not possible using SAP standard to send a non generated by ADS PDF to the SAP SPOOL.

Pelaez Lopez Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Philippe,

ok i understand more clearly your requirement . But what do you need to get the PDF as a PDL file ? why don't you use the original file ?

barca23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Bertrand,

I 'm trying to use the SAP spool to print pdf document stored in my kpro. I 'm trying to print those pdf in background but It's impossible to print pdf in background unless using some third party tools.

The only possibility to create a standard PDF spool is using a PDL file.

Kind regards,

Pelaez Lopez Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Philippe,

In this case have a look at the standard function of printing document in DMS because it can print document without any problem.

Let me know.

regards

barca23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Bertrand,

The printing in background of pdf document is not possible in DMS. DMS always use the client computer to print pdf document and the printing of PDF document must be done manually by the user.

So there is no solution to this question except some third party applications.

Kind regards,

Pelaez Lopez Philiipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Philippe,

did you ever find a solution for this?

I most likely have a similar scenario. I have a externally-generated PDF document stored in ArchiveLink which I would like to print via SAP spool request. I can get PDF from ArchiveLink via HTTP, but printing it from SAP doesn't seem to be possible.