cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, so there is some Linux out there, but what SAP is on it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this is a follow up to my previous question:

[Linux Anyone?|;

So there is some Linux out there, but what software from SAP are you using on it?

It is mainly NetWeaver?

Or is there some ERP, BW, Portal, CRM, IS-??

Also, what is the choice of database?

Oracle/MAXDB?

We are looking at Linux and are quite unshure about it's strengh and maturity. We have big instances with 6000+ users, 2000 Oracle processes and more than 10 apps servers.

Thanks for share your knowledge!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyril

SRM 5.5 with Oracle

EP 7.0 with Oracle or MaxDB

MDM 5.5 with Oracle

BI 7.0 with Oracle RAC (only test installation, non prod)

At the moment we are switching some smaller management systems from HP-UX to linux, like our central SLD and the solution manager system. Additionally it might be interesting which linux dist people use, we have Suse, we started SLES 9 SP3 and have now SLES 10 SP1.

Best regards, Michael

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi, this is a follow up to my previous question:

> [Linux Anyone?|;

>

> So there is some Linux out there, but what software from SAP are you using on it?

Linux is development platform. As far as I know (I can be wrong) the software is developed on Linux and then ported to the other platforms (some time ago I was told that's the way).

> It is mainly NetWeaver?

> Or is there some ERP, BW, Portal, CRM, IS-??

We use

- ERP 2005/6.0 (~ 1.300 users)

- CRM 2005 (CRM 5.0)

- SRM 2005 (SRM 5.0)

- BW 7.0

- EP (means Federated Portal Network - 12 portals including test, qa and prod)

- NWDI

>

> Also, what is the choice of database?

>

> Oracle/MAXDB?

We use MaxDB (ERP has 1.8 TB)

> We are looking at Linux and are quite unshure about it's strengh and maturity. We have big instances with 6000+ users, 2000 Oracle processes and more than 10 apps servers.

Linux is mature. Even SAP Hosting use by default it if the customers don't express explicit wishes. I wouldn't have a problem implementing it also for huge environments.

Markus