Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender RFC problem

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I'm using sender RFC to file asyncronous. The whole scenario works fine. But after some time I get the issue of connectivity failure from ERP to XI as when i do a connection test from ERP i get a program ID not registered error.

I resolve this by doing a CPA cache refresh.

I want to know whether there is a permanent solution to this problem. Can I schedule the XI system to perform a CPA cache refresh or something??

Thanks

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This error might be coming whenever you restart your XI system and the PROGRAM ID does not registers itself on it own

You need to update the RFC parameter in viaual admin to keep this error from coming. I have forgotten the parameter name but there is a SAP note on this

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please make sure that the RFC channel did register at the SAP systems gateway...could you please check in the SAP system using transaction

SMGW(gateway monitor) and choose menu option 'Goto --> Logged on clients'.

Also make sure that the there is an entry with the program id as given in the RFC sender channel...if not try making a change in the RCF channel and activating again....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Got it.

The is from : Note 730870 - FAQ XI 3.0/ PI 7.0/ PI 7.1 RFC Adapter

May there are situations where the check of the connection will fail due to a temporary error (like network, ...). The channel will not be usable despite the temporary error may disappeared when the first message should be delivered through this channel. If this is common in the environment where the RfcAdapter is used, the check can be disabled for the whole RfcAdapter. Set the RfcAdapter J2EE service property 'initialRfcClientConnectCheck' from 'true' to 'false'. The changing of J2EE properties is discussed in Q 17. This parameter was introduced in XI 3.0 SP9.

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijaya

Answers (0)