cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when calling webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have deployed a webservice on the java stack of a SAP System.

On another system I have generated an abap proxy, a logical port and a RFC connection

to the webservice.

When I test the service I receive a SOAP:111 message. While debugging I found out that this is beacause I receive an HTTP 401 Unauthorized error.

In the RFC connection I used finally the J2EE-Admin User of the traget system but nothing helps.

When I call the webservice via the WSEXPLORER and use the J2EE-Admin user I receive something.

Any ideas or hints to usefull documentation on how to configure such a scenario?

Thank you very much,

Sascha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

If you have developed your Web Service using NWDS , then there is an option to specify, authentication mechanism.

Otherwise , you can go and change the authentication option through Visual Admin tool of J2EE Engine.

Regards,

Piyush

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check XIAPPLUSER is having this Role SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

If the error is in XI Adapter, then your port entry should J2EE port 5

If the error is in Adapter Engine

then have a look into SAP note- 821026, Delete the Adapter Engine

cache in transaction SXI_CACHE Goto --> Cache.

May be wrong password for user XIISUSER

May be wrong password for user XIAFUSER

for this Check the Exchange Profile and transaction SU01, try to reset the password -Restart the J2EE Engine to activate changes in the Exchange Profile After doing this, you can restart the message

regards,

nikhil

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is XI present some where here? Did not understand the scenario. More inputs would help others to understand the situation and help you.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay.

Thank you for ur reply.

No, XI is not used here.

Scenario:

SAP Server A (BI) with JAVA Stack -> here I deployed a web service to convert PDF documents

SAP Server B with Abap Stack: Here I have created an abap proxy to call the webservice. I created a logical port with HTTP Destination which points to a created RFC connection of type H.

Each time I call the service via the proxy i get an SOPA error message 111 and when I debug I see that i receive the HTTP message 401 - unauthorized.

now i want to know what user configuration must be done where on the java stack server? Which user should I use for the RFC and what roles etc does this user has to have? Or anything else that might help.

Cheers,

Sascha