cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java webdynpro validation is failing during navigation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a webdynpro leave request application which is in Floor Plan Manager in Java webdynpro.

My leave request java WD application has 4 different functional steps like view-> edit->review-> complete.

User completes the steps one by one...and for that there are 4 screens--and user moves from one screen to another after completing each step.

Now I made the changes in the edit view which has the duration field which needs to be filled with half of the work schedule allocated to the employee per day if they chose half day leave in the application.

As per the requirement duration field populated the data(half of the work schedule allocated to the employee per day ) but when I hit review button,navigation goes to the next screen duration field has the value of full work schedule (say 8 hours)which suppose to be half of the workschedule .(say 4 hours).

any clues ?what will be the root cause of this problem..............

Higher points will be rewarded for the useful inputs.............

Thanks in Advance,

Dharani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also facing the same problem. If your problem is solved, kindly share the solution with us.

Thanks & Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharani,

Though I am novice in WD myself but one solution I foresee is that BOTH Edit view's context attribute of Duration and Review view's context attribute of Duration must be mapped to Component controller's context attribute of Duration i.e if same data is being accessed by multiple views then that data attribute must be mapped to same attribute of Component controller

Hope I did not confuse you..

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Thanks for the input.

In my application review is not a view its a road map element of floor plan manager?

I have got three views where in which two of the views got this duration field as you said i have mapped the view context attribute of these views with component context.

still its not working? anyother clues?

Thanks in Advance,

Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharani,

Hmm.. I am also clueless regarding this matter... Is the attribute you are using have its calculated property set to true in which you have hard coded value to be as 8? If no, then I am unable to give any other suggestion..

Regards,

Gopal

Edited by: Gopalakrishnan K R on Mar 13, 2008 8:11 PM