cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change JCO Destinations for an application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Webdynpro application which currently uses a particular set of JCo Destinations ( Metadata and Modeldata ).

Now, there is a new set of JCo Destinations ( Metadata_new and modeldata_new) which have been created, and my application needs to be attached to these Jco destinations.

Can anyone let me know how I can achieve this?

I do not want to delete the model and reimport it again.

Thanks in advance

Reena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to change only the JCO Destinations that your model refers to, then its very much possible to change their names.

But if the model stucture has got changed , then you should reimport that.

I guess, trying out the following steps for changing the names will work out for you.

1) For Medata Dest--

a) Click on the local dictionary stucture that has been generated by importing the model.

b) Click on the properties tab on the bottom right corner.There you shoulb be able to change the Metadata dest name.

2) For Application data Dest-

a) Right Click on model classes (model_Input & model_output) & then click EDIT.

b) Same Way, on the bottom right corner , Change whichever proerty you want to alter inlcuding the Dest Name.

In this way, you can mainten unique JCO references for all the models you are using in your project.

ReBudild & Redploy the entire project . Create the New JCOs Destinations in the content Admin & happily run your application.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks a lot. I was able to solve it.

Regards

Reena

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor