cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance improvement from sql 2000 to sql 2005 ?

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi to all guru ,

Someone have experience of realy performance improvement of SAP system ( relase 4.7 sr1 ) , by upgrading DB MSSQL from SQL2000 to SQL 2005 ?

Please explain yours answers !!!

Thanks , Antonio Voce.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at this document. It has some great insight in it with SAP on SQL 2005.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/9/4/d948f981-926e-40fa-a026-5bfcf076d9b9/SAP_SQL2005_Best%2...

Which system are you going to run?

Some of the reasons I like 2005 are the online shadow indexing, the dynamic management views to diagnose issues, and partitioning. These reasons are all thoroughly explained in that document though. If you have any more questions post them up.

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jeff

Great document!!

Thank you very much.

Antonio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the major feature is the capability to handle huge and large databases. Normally in earlier versions of SQL the database crashed once the load increased or the size went above 700 GB. But with SQL2005 you can have a smooth running database with DB size more than 1TB.

It also Improves performance as enhancements in SQL 2005 helps in tuning and auto-administration features on SAP application deployments.

Practically it also helps you for a easier homogeneous system copies or data mirroring or replication (i feel much easier than Oracle also)

There are may other features of SQL 2005 over SQL 2000. You might find lot more interesting documents in SDN as well as SAP Service Marketplace.

If you find the info helpful do reward points.

Regards,

Suhas

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank' s for the answer.

My ultimate question is : Can I upgrade to sql2005 without functional ( SD, MM, PP, CO etc..) and apllication ( ABAP ) test in my test system ?

Thank's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the answer to your upgrade question is no - testing should be done. Its sort of a substantial upgrade. Functionally everything should stay the same, but application wise you might see changes you need to address.

Also, try looking here for more info.

"You can find more information on upgrading the SQL Server database on SAP Service Marketplace at:

service.sap.com/instguides ® Other Documentation ® Database Upgrades"