cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service GOA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I need some clarification on GOA for services. Like in R/3 system, how do we differentiate services GOA in SRM?

As I understand, in R/3 during contract creation we can select item categary "D" and corresponding "acct asgnmnt cat". The system will ask me to maintain description and service breakdown details at item level.

I have migrated services to SRM. If I need create GOA for services, I do not see similar option in SRM?

Does that mean its not supported in SRM?

Pls clarify.Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamat,

In SRM, there is nothing like a service GOA or material GOA. A GOA will have products which inturn can be materials or services. In SRM, service items are very much simillar to the materials items. On that, you would choose a service product.

It is different from what you would see in R/3 and R/3 does have a lot more details than what you find in SRM.

Same way, there are no seperate value contracts or quantity contracts in SRM. A contract can have both quantities and values.

Regards

Saravanan.

Please award if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks for your inputs. Can you pls suggest some work-around?

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamat,

In the standard document, you can only give the product details, pricing conditions etc in SRM. Information like account assignments cannot be entered. You can define customer fields incase you want to capture more information.

Selecting a service is no different from selecting a material in SRM excep that the product type will be 02 for service and 01 for materials.

Regards

Saravanan.

Please award if useful