cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unconditional mode U9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can any one explain me the purpose of Unconditional mode 9 and provide me a situation where we can use U9.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unconditional mode 9; means that during import it ignores that the system is locked for this kind of transport.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Thanks fot the rqply, but can you provide me a scenario that for which kind of transport it ignores the fact that system is locked, and in which situations we use this option.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I pressume it be useful when you have transports coming from a transport group attached to a project... perhaps someone else will give you a better example

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybosy provide better example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

As Juan said:

Unconditional mode 9; means that during import it ignores that the system is locked for this kind of transport

here this refers to the transport request that you are unconditionally importing into a locked system.

Example:

Say you have a system ABC which is locked, and you don't have the permission to unlock it. However you still want to import a request urgently and can't wait till the system is unlocked.

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammey !!,

Thanks for the answer; however I have a small doubt.

Likewise if Administrator wants that system should Freeze and there should be absolutely no changes in system, but using U9 any one who is able to transport can import any request in the system, violating the rules irrespective of system is locked or no ?

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

Infact, such modes are intended for special requirements when you want to ignore certain rules of the Transport Organizer and Transport Management System

A missuse, won't go unnoticed.

The administrator will notice it sooner or later

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

Answers (0)