Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRD system recovery - "HOLD" & "To Be Delivered" messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'd like to discuss this crucial thing.

In our systems occures sometimes this probem - messages in "HOLD" status and "To Be Delivered" status.

HOLD status - occurs in serialized queues (EIEO) when error occurs in some message in this queue, all others are set to status HOLD. Which is ok. The question is: when we cancel the "error causing" message, do we need to restart other messages from the queue manually? Or does there work some "auto-recovery" mechanism?

And what about the status TBD? When occurs this one? and what steps can be done to solve this problem?

Thank you all,

Olian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally it should.

But you can run this schedule the program RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES in your XI which will restart the message if they are held for any reason in the queue

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answers,

one question: will the report restart also messages which are already processed in IE and stuck in AE?

thank you,

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi olian,

all the messages which are no to be delivered will be reprocessed,the messages which are in system error or cancelled will not be processed again.

HOLD messages will also be processed.

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

Edited by: rama krishna talluri on Mar 13, 2008 12:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It restarts message in the Integration Engine

Regards

Vijaya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olian,

I was experiencing the same issues the other day with IDOC - Soap scenario.

I have given a wrong URL on the target adapter and everytime I sent an IDOC, it went to Waiting status and then after some time it gave a error message "system error"

if system error occurs, it block the messages in that queue for subsequent entries.

Solutions:

1. If you are using IDOC on the sender side, go to Interface determination and deselect the checkbox "maintain order at runtime" (this is basically you dont have a sender CC for IDOC)

2. Find out the message that resulted in system error and resend it or cancel that message.

3. Find out the cause of that error message and fix it so that it wont happen next time

Regards,

Nikhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

thank you for your answer, but my problem is not with the error, but what to do with correct messages which are affected by this error.

So, can you please tell me, if the report "restarts" messages which are in AE already?

Thank you,

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to be delivered comes when recievr is not available or resorces for adapter engine are out of stock

do cache refresh SXI_CACHE it ll work

even i faced this problem for a long duration

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna