cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Adapter not picking up the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have configured a sender file (FTP) adapter. All the configurations are right. The name of the file is given exactly as it is. The processing mode is Delete.

The scenario was running fine till today. I only made changes to the path from which it has to pick the file. I have checked the path numerously and it is correct.

But the file is not being picked up.

Monitoring the communication channel shows no errors. It has the green indicator. No idea what is happening.

Please Help,

Regards,

Merrilly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most of the time this happens when the cache is not refreshed. Please try to make some dummy change and activate your adapter again. After this do a cache refresh of your integration directory.

Also, one more thing that you can check up in the runtime workbench for your file adapter is - go to the file adapter that you are using and then below you can select on the message ID which gives you the details of step by step process of what happened in the adapter and there you cans ee the file path and see if its still the old file path and you will know that your cache is refreshed propoerly or not

Regards

Vijaya

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merrilly,

Do check if the FTP user has permissions to pick/modify the file from the changed directory path. If possible, manually FTP to the new file location and check if you are able to access the files in the path.

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you everybody,

It's picked up now. I had done all the refresh, may be it still had not been reflected. After many refreshes its been picked up at last.

Thanks once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem might due to cache go sxi_cache and check

there is probelm with the cache and also check the cache inIR & ID whethe they are updated

Jayaraman

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

-->Refresh the cache

-->check wheather u have activated all the changes.

-->check the slashes in the path.

regards

murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

try to make some changes anf then again save and cativte the adapter. may be the adapter is not being activated.

also check whether the cache is refreshed or not.

or u can also check in the communication channel monitoring the channel is start or stop. if stop then start the channel and then try again.

if u still face the problem please reply me back.

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I did some changes to the adapter and activated it. I also did cache refresh. The communication channel monitoring doesn't show any message id since there is no error.

What else should i do?

Thanks and regards,

Merrilly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

just go to the runtime workbench>select component monitoring->display-->select communication channel monitoring a new page will be opened and select ur adapter

there are option to start the adapter and stop the adapter check whether the adapter is start or not.

if u still face the problem please reply me back.

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The adapter is running. I had even stopped and restarted it. Right now it is started.

Thanks and regards,

Merrilly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check the directory names are correct or not (slashe).

check whether the processing mode is select as delete or not.

Thanks

Rinku