cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate the SALV_WD demo program data?

russell_day2
Participant
0 Kudos

With a great deal of self control, I am asking if someone, anyone, knows how to generate the datafile for the ALV test programs. There are hundreds of posts pleading for this information and not many answers. There was one, once, but I cannot find it any more, even with the odious 90 day filter switched to All. (I wonder how many more people would find their answers if that wasn;t there!)

And please kindly describe which of its various options should be selected to generate data that the programs will actually accept. I seem to remember that there are 4 file formats and only one of them works.

And does anyone know when we can expect more documentation? Trying to figure out how stuff works from programs that were never written to be used as demos, and usually display big numbers instead of text is not very nice.

Thanks for your help.

A very stressed...

Russ.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Russell ,

Even i have got frustated with testing the alv features bucause it asks for a xml file... to avoid this.. .i have analysed the code . and found that two tables are used ...in this compos...

ALV_T_T2 and ALV_TAB .. so enter the entries in this table directly and for testing the demo app.. just click the upload button ... it will by default take the entries from this table...

Regards

Yash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Daniele_Sgi
Participant
0 Kudos

User program SALV_WD_TEST_DATADOWNLOAD that generate file into local directory C:/testdata/

Then upload file xdata.xml and it's work.

Regards

Daniels