Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PricingExchRate type in copy control

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have set up the PricingExchRate type 'E' -> Exchange rate determination according to current date

for copy control delivery to invoice.

Reason is because order could be done a few days ahead of invoicing. And invoice have to be done will the current day exchange rate rather that the order.

But when i have set that, the amount in the invoice is still the same as the order when i create it even though the exchange rate is different in TCURR table.

any ideas where else i need to change?

thanks

dyl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear dyl

Go to OBA7, select the document type RV and see whether any value is maintained for "Ex.rate type for forgn crncy docs" under the tab "Default Values".

Please note that If no exchange rate is specified in the document header when entering documents in foreign currencies, the system will automatically select a rate from the currency translation rate table. The system then converts all amounts in the document's line items using this exchange rate.

The system uses the average rate as a default value as long as no other exchange rate type is entered here.

If you do not want to use the average rate (rate type M) as the default value for the document type selected, enter the rate type you want to use (bank buying rate, bank selling rate, group exchange rate, ...) here.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

maybe i should try to rephrase....

i have done an order with price 110 pricing date is 10.03.2008

but when i come to invoice today, i need to get the price as of today according to the exchange rate, which could be 115. But i am still getting 110 in my invoice.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are maintaining the exchange rates, you have to maintain the exchange rate type (this is different from the exchange rate t ype in copy control). The standard exchange rate type is M, B and S.The standard exchange rate during the transaction is always M. If you want to overwrite this exchange rate type, you have to specifically mention that while setting up the country of the company code(OY01).

Pls check whether you have maintained the exchange rate for the exchange rate type in teh following link.

SPRO-SAPNETWEAVER(in ecc)-GENERAL SETTINGSCURRENCIES-ENTER EXCHANGE RATES

Pls take the help of the FI guy and explore the configuration oppurtunities here. Your problem should get solved.

You can reward points if this helps you to solve the problem

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

yes.. the exchange rate is set up... the country has been set up for the exchange rate defined.... but it is not working...

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you by anymeans use Plants abroad, or reference currency functionality? If you can tell little clear about the kind of configuration you have done so far about the exchange rates, then we can help you little more better.

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have setup a new currency code ZVN for vietnam, a daily exchange rate is maintained in the TCURR table. this is of course tied to vietnam only. this has been setup last time. I assume it is working fine all these while.

but now we have to take current day exchange rate as the rate in our invoice. But when the invoice is created with reference to the order, the amount is copied over. but this should not be the case that we want, we want the system to recalculate the price according to the current day exchange rate...

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you also have the exchange rate type field in Customer master filled

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

yes... it is filled with ZVN

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls refer to OSS NOTES 92613. This will help your problem.

You can reward me if this solves your problem!!!

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hiya

Please go to the copy control from sales document to billing document (item level) and define relevant Pricing Exchange Rate Type.

This will allow you to re-determine exchange rates at the billing document level (provided you update all the exchange rates in SAP as frequently as required).

However if you wanted to changed the Header Exchange Rate in billing which is not possible in normal scenario, you can try with User Exit EXIT_SAPLV60B_001.

Regards