cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS communication using HTTP receiver adapter URL address as Address Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If some one who has tried HTTPS communication using HTTP receiver adapter using URL address as Address type can you please guide me what are the steps need to be done.

Note : Address type is a parameter in HTTP adapter setup .

Regards,

Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any responses.

Is there any OSS notes regarding this ? Is it possible to do HTTPS communication with HTTP receiver adapter which is configured Address Type parameter as URL Address ?

Regards,

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this,

Configurations in Integration Directory

The plain HTTP adapter gives the receiver system the following specifications:

— Specifications for addressing using a URL address:

Target host, service number, and path prefix including query string:

http://<hostname:port>/<path>?<query-string>;

You can identify the target host (HTTP port) of a SAP Web Application Server using

the

ICM monitor

Host and port of the HTTP proxy (optional if there is a firewall between the plain

HTTP adapter and the receiver system)

Authentication data for the receiver system.

See also: transaction Display and Maintain RFC Destinations (SM59).

&#151; Specifications for addressing using an HTTP destination:

HTTP destination

&#151; Parameters from the communication channel for technical routing

Content type (the entry text/XML is expected as default)

Specifies the format that the message contents (the payload) should have.

Optional header fields for the receiver-specific protocol

Attributes for the query string

1. Sender party

2. Sender service

3. Receiver Interface

4. Message ID

5. Quality of service

6. Queue ID

All attributes are selected except for the queue ID. If you do not want a value to be

transferred to the receiver, deselect it. The queue ID is only required if the quality of

service is EOIO.

Specifications for payload manipulation

XML code (default UFT-8)

Specifies the character set.

URL escaping

Presents the XML in a URL-enabled format. Special characters that could be

interpreted as control characters are replaced with escape characters (masked).

Prolog

Enhances the payload for particular servers (optional, see below).

Epilog

Enhances the payload for particular servers (optional, see below).

Enhancing the Payload

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sesha,

Thanks for the reply .

I am very specific about my requirement . It is clearly mentioned in my previous post that i need to use HTTPS Communication using HTTP receiver adapter by setting Address Type as URL address.

It is to inform you that i have implemented HTTPS communication successfully with HTTP receiver adapter by configuring it with HTTP Destination as Address Type.

Please let me know steps to follow to enable HTTPS communication using URL address as Address Type in HTTP receiver adapter.

Regards,

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any responses..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Try this

Choose Go To --> Services to display the services configured for the ICM. A service consists of the following components:

· The protocol that is used (HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP)

· Service/port

· Keep-alive timeout (in seconds)

· Processing timeout (in seconds)

· Flag whether the service is currently active. The ICM does not accept requests on an inactive port.

· Flag whether the external binding program icmbnd should be used to bind the port (see also Binding Ports < 1024 to UNIX)

On this screen, you can choose Go To --> Service to create, delete, activate or deactivate services.

You can display the ICM server cache statistics by choosing Goto --> Statistics This displays details about accesses and hits and so on.

If you double-click a service, you branch to the detail display for that service.

Tell me if it works..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Thanks for the reply.

I have double checked that HTTPS service is running. It is to inform you that we are able to run HTTPS communication sucessfully using HTTP destination as Address Type in HTTP receiver adapter configuration.

Note : Address Type is parameter in HTTP receiver adapter configuration.

It can be "URL Address " or "HTTP Destination"

I can clearly see that HTTPS service is working fine with HTTP destination. Please let me know if i need to setup any other parameters which will allow to access HTTPS communication using "URL Address".

When we post a request using HTTP Destination as Address type , it is getting posted successfully and able to get the response.

When we post the same request using URL Address as Address Type , it is getting failed with a HTTP response code HTTP response code 110

More details about the HTTP return code -

If a cache returns a stale response, either because of a max-stale directive on a request, or because the cache is configured to override the expiration time of a response, the cache MUST attach a Warning header to the stale response, using Warning 110 (Response is stale).

110 Response is stale

MUST be included whenever the returned response is stale.

Please provide me some guidance.

Regards,

Reddy