cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required patch level for SAEESS in NWDI 7.0 sp14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to configure NWDI to customise ESS600 BP. In market place the latest version package for nwdi server is sp14 in which SAPESS bp is not avialable.

can any body help which SAPESS bp is requied for nwdi 7.0 sp14.

Regards

gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

timo_renner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the question is asked from the wrong side:

NWDI is only a support component that helps you to modify ESS. So you should not ask which version of ESS you need for NWDI, but the other way around.

In general the version of NWDI should be equal or higher as the highest WebAS you are developing for.

Means: if your WebAS where your ESS should run on is on 7.0 SP13, then your NWDI should have also at least 7.0 SP13. Higher is ok, lower is not recommended.

For ESS I would also recommend that your HW should not be at the lower level of the requirments for NWDI, as ESS is a quite huge package. I recommend at least 2 CPUs and a minimum of 4 GB or RAM. And also make sure that your file system is fast (means: no slow NAS/SAN connections), as NWDI heavily writes to the file system and DB system.

But be prepared that the initial import of ESS can take up to several hours, even if your HW is fast enough (my personal record is 1,5h).

Best regards,

Timo