cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in System Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on EP MDM scenario. We are working on MDM5.5 SP04 Patch 2. The MDM Business Package has been installed on the MDM server.

Now when i try to create a new system using System(from template) MDM System, i get a Portal Runtime Error.

This is the error that i am getting,

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : N/A

Component Name : N/A

iView not found: com.sap.pct.mdm.tech.systems.MDMSystemWizard.

Exception id: 12:27_13/03/08_0013_6865850

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

Please help me in correcting this as soon as possible as this is pretty urgent.

Thanks in advance,

Becky.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have restarted SDM and checked, still i am getting the same error...what else can be the reason for this error??

Please help....

Useful points will be rewarded.

Thanks,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have checked the deployment and all the files have been deployed properly, but one thing that i noticed is that the MDM Application and Technology files are of SP04 while the Java API file is of SP05.

Our MDM server is of version MDM5.5 SP04 Patch2. Can that be the problem for this error??

Please reply urgently...useful answers will be rewarded.

Thanks in Advance,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Becky,

You should take all the file from the MDM Server business content which you are using right now.all the file which you require to deploy will be there in the business content.

And the problem which you have told about JAVA API file. offcourse, this could be a problem.let it be the two file (appl and tech) and just undeploy java apifile. then try it.

If the files are compitable with your MDM Version then there should not br any problem.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

One more thing, as far as i know when we create these standard MDM iviews, alongwith the name and id of the iview it asks for the System Alias and the table name of the repository which the iview will be using, but here its not asking for it.

It is taking only the iview name, id, prefix and master language.

Does it indicate that something related to the System templates is missing??

My problem is still prevailing and i am still getting the same error.

Thanks,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I remember correctly, there are 3 files which need to be deployed via SDM in a proper and sequential fashion. Have you done this?

Also, at what step does failure occur? When you say choose MDM System (from templte) and do next or at a later stage?

Regards,

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Yes, all the 3 files have been deployed but is it necessary that it has to be in a sequence??

I am getting the error just after i choose the template 'MDM system' and click the Next button.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes they have to be in sequence... I suggest you have a look at some of the threads and you will get to know the sequence... undeploy all mdm* via SDM.. and then test... it might work..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Becky,

For integration of EP-MDM, you have to be deployed mentioned file as follows:

1. BPMDMAPPLI04_1.SCA ---APPLICATION FILE

2. BPMDMTECHN04_1.SCA-----TECH FILE

3. MDMJAVAAPI04_1.SCA----MDM JAVA API FILE

4. MDM_WEB_UI_550.sca-----Web UI File for Change Tracking

YOU WILL FIND THESE FILE WITH THE DOWNLOADS OF THE MDM SERVER WHICH YOU ARE USING CURRENTLY.

these scar file must be compitable with your MDM version which you are using right now.

First deploy the file in any order as mentioned below:

MDMJAVAAPI05_0.sca

BPMDMAPPLI05_0.sca

BPMDMTECHN05_0.sca

then deploy the file as "MDM_WEB_UI_550.sca" because this file depend on the file BPMDMAPPLI05_0.sca and BPMDMTECHN05_0.sca.

Just Undeploy all the file and deploy again with the Correct files.

hope this will solve your problem.

Note: above mentioned name of the scar files might be diffrent as per you MDM version.

you can also refer the link as mentioned below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/45/c8cd92dc7f4ebbe10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

/people/markus.ganser/blog/2005/08/17/sap-netweaver-mdm-55-support-package-02-on-the-way

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/56763d46-0a01-0010-058e-a0e12427...

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Thanks for the response. I have the 3 files deployed...in all the threads that i went through only the first 3 files were mentioned...is the 4th file i.e. the Web UI File for Change Tracking necessary.

Is there a sequence to be followed while deploying the files??

Can there be any other reason for this error??

Please reply quickly...this is very urgent.

Thanks,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Backy,

The 4th file is not necessary to deploy, if you want to track the changes then you can.even the 3rd file is also not necessary to be deploy, if you want to access the Java API then you should deploy this file.

As per my best, there is no specific order for file to be deployed.

iView not found: com.sap.pct.mdm.tech.systems.MDMSystemWizard.

the above error which you are getting, it is because of incorrect file deployed on the portal or might be possible that the file has not been deployed properly.

Generally, these two file are responsible for the Satandard MDM iViews:

BPMDMAPPLI04_1.SCA ---APPLICATION FILE

BPMDMTECHN04_1.SCA-----TECH FILE

As i mentioned before the files which are to be deployed must be competable with your MDM Server version.Just check against with them.

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

How do i know that these 2 files have been deployed properly or not?? I can see these 2 folders in Portal Content --> Content Provided by SAP --> Specilist.

And there are all the iView and System templates available in that.

The files are from the downloads of the MDM server itself, so i think it should be of the same version.

Then what will be the problem and how to go about it??

Thanks,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Becky.

Just restart the SDM and then check for the same.

Hope this will resolve your problem.

TNR,

Saurabh...