cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in populating Responsible cost centre field manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating a new WBS element in transaction CJ20N one has to populate field "Responsible cost center" and then the system will derive the controlling area from the cost center and will populate field "Controlling Area". Under 4.6C it did not matter in which way the filling of the field "Responsible cost center" was done: either by selecting a cost center from F4-help button or by writing the cost center number manually in the field. In both cases the system automatically filled field "Controlling area".

But now under ERP 2005 if I go to CJ20N transaction and once i reach to WBS elsement screen I try to enter some value in "Responsible cost centre"it is not possible anymore to fill the field "Responsible cost center" manually and get the field "Controlling area" populated automatically. System gives the message that cost centre does not exist for that date .The reason is controlling area field is display only filed in the WBS element screen.Now in order to enter the new value in the responsible cost centre filed I have to click f4 and then select the value then only the existing combination of controlling area and cost is replaced by the selection.

I hope I am clear in explaing the pronlem.

When I click on F4 screen I see all the cst centre values along with respective compay codes and controlling area.

This will only be done by the system only when choosing a cost center from the F4-help function (matchcode).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't have a problem in our ECC5

Both fields are set to Input (not required)

Do you have the field Responsible CO Area set as required field?

Regards

Steve

Edited by: captain caveman on Apr 25, 2008 3:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you've populate the Controlling Area at Project Definition level, you shouldn't have any problem keying the Resp Cost Centre on the WBS, system automatically populates Controlling Area associated with the Cost Centre.

Ensure to have the controlling area filled in project profile and so in project definition first.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

thnaks.

In my case also system is populating the controlling area automatically once i select the cost centre

by pressing the F4 help .When i press F4 help i get the combination of company code,controlling area ,and cost centre and if select one value it allows me to change.

suppose in WBS element screen controlling area is x001 ans cost centre is 1234.

now 1234 is ready to inpu field that`s correct.if I replce 1234 with 6789 a new cost centre manually and press enter I get the error message.now if click on F4 help and select 6789 (it will come with the combination of controlling area and company code) it will replace 1234 with 6789 and x001 with z001.

User does not press f4 manually also if he knows the cost centre he directly wants to go to enter it instead of entering it through F4.

Regards

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During changing of cost center, you are supposed to remove existing cost center and controlling area. Press enter and then input new cost center only, system will populate the controlling area on its own.

Reward points if useful.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually we have only one controlling area, in your case you seem to operate with multiple controlling areas. While F4 the controlling area by default is set to the controlling area mention in the assignments tab of WBS.

Cost Centre is Controlling area specific, in your case user needs to enter both Controlling Area and Cost Centre.

I've got nothing more to add to this.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Controlling area which is assigned to the cost center of the WBS element.

If you click on F4 it will show all the cost center details, which we have to maintained based on Costing structure to create & maintain the cost center check the T.code.KS01, KS02, KS03.

Let me know is this what you are looking for, If it satisfies then close the issue.

Regards'

Syed