cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web services

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts

1. Suppose in system landscape one file server is connected to R/3 and file server contains 2 folders. I want to transfer a request from folder1 to R/3 which uses BAPI to send response back to folder2…..I need a business scenario for this type of scenario?

2. I need a business scenario wherein Web service is sending a request to R/3 system and using RFC the R/3 is sending back the response to the web service……plz specify the RFC name also. So that I can explore it further…………..

3. wht is a web service and can anyone explain it with an example……does we can call a Enterprise portal as web service and how a web service is developed?

cheers

faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Suppose in system landscape one file server is connected to R/3 and file server contains 2 folders. I want to transfer a request from folder1 to R/3 which uses BAPI to send response back to folder2…..I need a business scenario for this type of scenario?

HI for this we need to use BPM

open aynch to synch bridge.

2. I need a business scenario wherein Web service is sending a request to R/3 system and using RFC the R/3 is sending back the response to the web service……plz specify the RFC name also. So that I can explore it further…………..

yes here u can go for scenario without using BPM.

here webservice is synchronus and RFC is syncronus.

consume the webservice where u ll have input and output.

create 2 message mapping

u can consume webservices as external definitions.

one mapping say "WEBSERIVE REQUEST TO RFC REQUEST" ll map web request to RFC request.

other mapping is "RFC response to web response"

so mappings are done.

in interface mapping u ll use web service and RFC

automatically mapping will be populated.

now go to configuartion

here create

1)business service for webservice

2)business system for RFC

now only one interface determination enter sender webservice and receiver RFC .

no need to create RFC to webservice determination

3)one reciever agreement for RFC (Receiver adapter )

4)one sender agreement (SOAP sender)

5)reciever determination.

done

3. wht is a web service and can anyone explain it with an example……does we can call a Enterprise portal as web service and how a web service is developed?

webservice is the method that is available outside the XI box.

for example u are .net developer and u have one methods which will do addition of 2 numbers.now this method u want to give to ur friend who is working in SAP XI.

now u ll publish this method i.e create a WEB SERVICE DESCRIPTION LANGUAGE(WSDL) file which says about ur method say add(x,y) and parameter as x,y and it is located at which system say ur system is 10.21.21.134 and port is 80.

now ur friend can connect to ur system and use ur method.

this is summary.

u can go through SOA ,publishing,consuming and calling

service provider->UDDI->client.

as we can publish any method as webservice.

not only portal even from XI u can publish webservice.

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Here you can go with it Using BPM FILE2RFC scenario,

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit .

or else.

with out BPM

Refer these

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/11/07/walkthrough--soap-xi-rfcbapi

http://help.sap.com/search/highlightContent.jsp

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?cat=sdn_weblog&query=soaptorfc&adv=false&sortby=cm_rnd_rankvalue

Web service is a XI iterpretation or mirror image to WEB application.

Although there is hardly any configuration for web service in XI.

To a great extent, communication between B2B and e-Commerce applications is based on manually declared interfaces, message formats, and arrangements between business partners. Using Web services, this process can be simplified. Web services are Web-based interfaces that can be integrated into business scenarios of a company based on open and commonly accepted standards. Using Web services enables you to combine functions implemented on different software components into a single process.

Web services are self-contained, modularized, executable entities that can be published, searched for, and accessed across a network. For a caller or sender, a Web service is a black box that may require input and delivers a result.

Features

The SAP Web Application Server allows companies to extend their solutions by exposing and integrating Web services. The SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio provides an environment for publishing, discovering, and accessing Web services. Therefore, it allows the SAP Web Application Server to act both as a “server” and as a “client” for Web services.

The Java Web Service Infrastructure allows developers to:

· Display all self-contained, modularized functions implemented as Enterprise Java Bean (session bean) or as a Java class in a Web service. This includes functions provided by SAP as part of mySAP solutions or developed by the customer or partner. The Web service can be used across the Internet through standard protocols and can easily be integrated in any development framework. Displaying a Java class as a Web service is also possible.

· Integrate Web services, irrespective of where they reside or how they are implemented. Therefore, business processes spanning different systems, both intra-company and cross-company, can be implemented.

Also see :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d6/f9bc3d52f39d33e10000000a11405a/content.htm

Regards,

Ramesh.