cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

(Q1). I’m new to SAP XI and recently I’ve attended an interview with an MNC. There the interviewer asked to draw complete system landscape (all systems which are integrated with XI). I told him that I’ve configured JDBC, File (with content conversions), IDOC, RFC and SOAP adapters. I need a sample system landscape wherein I can show all the systems involved in configurations and it shud cover all the above mention adapters. In which scenario we use JDBC adapter……I

(Q2). In a system landscape do we maintain a single File server or every system will have there own file servers. If only a single file server exists then how we can configure file2file scenario using RFC?

(Q3). In which scenario we use JDBC adapter….I mean can we send the data directly to DB lets say SQL Server without using any front-end applications.

Thanks in advance

Faisal

Points will be given to the correct answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. For connection with databases, JDBC adapters are used

2. The usage of file system is totally landscape dependent based on business requirement and there couldnt be an exact answer to this question. And i think u misunderstood the RFC concept. Only file adapter ll b used in file to file communication

3. Yes, data can be sent directly to database without GUI

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

(Q1). I’m new to SAP XI and recently I’ve attended an interview with an MNC. There the interviewer asked to draw complete system landscape (all systems which are integrated with XI). I told him that I’ve configured JDBC, File (with content conversions), IDOC, RFC and SOAP adapters. I need a sample system landscape wherein I can show all the systems involved in configurations and it shud cover all the above mention adapters. In which scenario we use JDBC adapter……I

A) For this you can say that SAP is one of the application in ur system landscape is for RFC and IDOC scenarios. u can say that any database like oracle or Ms- Excel for JDBC adapter. You can say for SOAP thing as Webservice

(Q2). In a system landscape do we maintain a single File server or every system will have there own file servers. If only a single file server exists then how we can configure file2file scenario using RFC?

A) you can maintain, that depends on the Organization

(Q3). In which scenario we use JDBC adapter….I mean can we send the data directly to DB lets say SQL Server without using any front-end applications.

A) In connecting with DB scenarios we use JDBC adapter

Yes, we can send the data to oracle wotj out using any fromend tool

Regards

Seshagiri