cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pricing error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

we will maintain pricing in sales and distribution ok in that we will maintain accounting keys. Where the amount is going to post.

My question is when am transferring invoice document to the accounting through release to accounting how the Fi guys knows that this is the discount goes to discount account, frieght account and tax account. How it will be they collect from the customer am having a big dilamma in my mind. Please clarify this with examples.

Thanks in advance

Rack 123.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Every account Key hava G/L Account, and G/l Account would then decide what that amount stands for. You might be knowing for every entry there is an contra entry in FI. for example if Customer recevable is Credited then Stock would be debited or something, though i am not an FI guy am just trying to make an attemplt to make you understand the basic of the situation. You could try posting the smae in FI tread you would probably get more detailed answer.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rack,

The account key is the key factor in determining the required G/L a/c.

in VKOA we ll assing the respective combinations i.e for frieght, revenues, discounts, taxes etc...

More over, when the customer settles the invoice, we ll clear off the total invoice rather than some amount as discount, some amt as taxes...

It is only for reporting for accounts dept. and heigher management we post them into the different G/L accounts using these account keys...

Let me know if u have any more queries on the same..

Cheers,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the FI guys give the account keys based on which the pricing conditin values would flow to accouting. You can observe that a revenue account key like ERL is assinged to PR00 conditin and all such revenue condition are assigned to ERL account key. Similarly a discount condition like K004 is assinged to ERS- sales deduction.

At revenue acc determination at VKOA we maintian condition records based on the sales org, depending on the account key combinatino which GL to be hit.

You can infact go VA03 > give one billing document > select document flow > You will find the accounting document > Now select and click display document. You will find what all pricing conditions have passed to accounting and which GL accounts they got posted to.

regards

sadhu kishore