Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQ server on PI server???????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we r going to strt a new project....

where XI is communicating with Websphere MQ.I just want to know do we need to install MQ server on PI server.And if yes why so? and what the use of JMS header?

my legacy system dont understand JMS header.. so can i avoid it?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do we need to install MQ server on PI server

No. But vendor specific drivers have to be added as mentioned

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a05b2347-01e7-2910-ceac-c45577e5...

JMS message is sent in a specific format and is converted by XI to other formats. What is ur scenario exactly?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx prateek...

still i am not clear..

so when the MQ server will be install..is it a part of XI installation???

and suppose we need to create some queue manager and local queues ..then...where we need to go..

suppose my X server IP address is 10.230.221.20

r u telling that for MQ server also it will be same 10.230.221.20

please clearify

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As prateek said u need to install the drivers of MQ on XI,that is enough.

Now coming to

and suppose we need to create some queue manager and local queues ..then...where we need to go..

U need to create it in MQ and use the same name in JMS adapter configuration parameter along with the MQ server information like IP address and port.

Chirag

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, the XI and MQ server need not be present on the same machine. Ideally both are on separate systems.

Regards,

Prateek

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam,

In addition to Prateeks reply.

IBM MQ Series is enntirely out of box of XI. They are not related to each other, for example if you need to connect to MS-SQL Server, do u need to install MS-SQL Server with XI together in the same server - no , am I right?

Similarly IBM MQ Series is the other standalone application. If you want XI to communicate to MQ Series, then you need to install some jar files in XI Machine. So that the jar file will make XI to communicate with MQ -Series.

Refer SAP Note :747601

I hope it helps a bit!

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but Raj, i have heard that any J2EE compliant application server must have a messaging system....and so SAP WAS is using JMS..

we just need to deploy the drivers in J2EE engine.. to get the access

and for creating queue manager and local queues we can do it in visual admin right?

please reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check this and give ur valuable comments

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So there is a confusion.

WAS also has some JMS capabilities which can be utilized after installing some jars. But in ur case, it is not the same JMS server. U want it to communicate it with some third party JMS system. Thats why it has to be installed on some other location.

The main purpose of XI is to integrate different systems. For this, it is not logical to have the communicating system installed on the XI itself

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)