cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While creating JCO destination for webdynpro through content admin,I am facing the below exception

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscapeException: Error while obtaining JCO connection.

we made entry in services file, the logon groups are existing

also when we test sld from the content admin its works fine.but in terms of creation of JCo steps i am not able to select the logon group textfield as it is not editable?

anyone faced same problem..

regards,

balaji s

Message was edited by: Balaji Sundaram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hv only a single sap logon group.

but i don't see the name of the group and it is greyed out.is this correct?

Also,do anyone has an idea for the system requirement for installing was & ep on SP 13 or 14.I mean RAM,HDD space etc for optimal performance.

thanks,

balaji

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Did you specify any logon groups when setting up your technical system in the SLD? It would be under the message server part under your technical system.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

i check it under TEchnical system->Click on WebAS abap system that appeared automatically after RZ70 -> The message server name and central application server name are seen. But not logon groups. Now i clicked on the message server name. In the TextField for logon groups i manually entered our logon group name and saved. Do i need to restart the server or do anything in SLD after that?

Also the client field on the first step of the wizard should be filled with the Client number of the R/3 system. Right?

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes, stop/start the server, then go back to where you are setting up your jCo connections, the word "SPACE" should now be visible, but still grayed out. Check and see you are able to create and test your jCo connections successfully. Good Luck.

Please make sure to award points for any helpful answers. THanks.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

About the client field, yes, that is what I've done in my jCo setup.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rich,

Thank you very much. The entry in the logon group has solved my problem. I could successfully create a Test01 - Metadata and Test02 - Application data. After this i have deleted my WD_MetaData_dest and WD_RFC_ModelData_dest and recreated (Redeployed the application)them. It worked fine.

Thanks,

Balaji S

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Great. Glad it worked out for you. When I started working with WebDynpro, I know that I spent many hours trying to get this working and looking for answers.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

<i>i am not able to select the logon group textfield as it is not editable?</i>

Do you have more than one Logon Group specified in the SLD? If only one, then it will be defaulted and grayed out.

Regards,

Rich Heilman