cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when I try to "test connection " in JCO destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscapeException: Error while obtaining JCO connection.

we made entry in services file, the logon groups are existing,

is there any solution to rectify this error

Thanks in Advance,

Murali.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

And you have setup the SLD, right? Have you stop/started the engine since making all these changes?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on Sneak Preview Java Edition.

The logon groups exist for the message server

The SLD has been set up. Worked on RZ70 transaction. RFC call successfull.

Data supplier is set up. Stopped and started the server.

Made entries in services file.

Still it says" Error while obtaining JCo connection".

One thing we have notice is, in the content administrator the entries for Logon group and System name are disabled. Is it that it should pull those details automatically? or we should enter manually. If we need enter how will make them enabled.

After i see the above error when i click on Previous and again then come back and test again this time the Error is CRR_ERR_Already_EXISTS.

Any thoughts?

First thing is we are not able to see the default WD_ModelData_dest and wd_rfc_MetaData_dest in the content administrator automatically. Do we have to create them manually or they should automaticaly?

Regards,

Murali

Message was edited by: Murali Manohar

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Did you stop/start the server after making the changes to the services file?

<i>First thing is we are not able to see the default WD_ModelData_dest and wd_rfc_MetaData_dest in the content administrator automatically. Do we have to create them manually or they should automatica</i>

If you deployed your application to the server, these should be create automatically, you just need to create the jCo connections for them.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check if you are able to login to SAP R/3 first. Second when you are creating the

JCO connections ensure that you give the password to connect to SAP in capital letters. There was a problem in SP11. Just check if that is the problem.

Ensure that you have the following completed.

1. You have added the entry in the services file and restarted your SLD

2. In Visual Administrator you have configured the SLD data supplier to point to your SLD.

3. Created the system in SLD with the correct information.

4. Then when you create the JCO connections check if you are giving teh password in caps just for correctness.

Moreover the entires for logon group and System name should be picked up from SLD. You should have configured the system in SLD. just check if it has been done properly. If it is just restart the server just in case.

You should then be able to see the values in the dropdown when you create a JCO connection.

Also remember that WD_MODELDATA_DEST should be Application data and WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST should be Dictionary Data.

If you have done all the steps and still face the error do let me know.

Hope that helps you.

regards

Ravi

Answers (0)