cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect R/3 to cProject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create a function module in cProject that is called from R/3 side. but I don't know which table to store up the connection information to connect cProject and R/3. I would like to use function module 'SCWB_RFC_PING' in R/3 to check cProject connection.

In addition, what should I set up to connect servers between cProject and R/3? Please give some idea on that.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Helen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to connect cProjects to systems with which connection is allowed, eg - accounting integration, CATS integration, etc or to have object links with R/3 all you need is just a RFC connection. A RFC connection is created using SM59 transaction.

In case you have connect to R/3 and use some custom built functionality, there are two scenarios:

We are assuming both cProjects and R/2 to be different boxes.

1. Connect from R/3 to cProjects

Create RFC connection (SM59) in R/3 system pointing to cProjects system.

If writing a custom function on cProjects server, make sure it is Remote enabled.

To call this custom function in cProjects server from R/3 server use call function '<Function_name>'

destination <RFC_Destination_name>.

If calling a standard cProjects function from R/3, make sure it is a remote enabled function and call function using the destination clause.

2. Connect from cProjects to R/3

Create RFC connection (SM59) in cProjects system pointing to R/3 system.

Calling function remains same.

In case you need to call a standard funtion that is normal (not remote enabled), create a custom wrapper function that is remote enabled and internally calls the normal standard funtion.

Pl note that RFC destination names are always case sensitive.

I hope this clarifies all doubts. If it doesn't pl write back. If it does, reward appropriate points and close the thread.

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to integrate Cproject4.0 with ECC6.0 through RFC. Can you please guide me how to go about? I could only learn that using SM59 we can do that, but will that be enough or Do I need any more settings for the same.

It would be a great help if someone can provide me a link for Integration of Cproject to R/3 through RFC

Regards,

Sumant.

former_member226203
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to connect, if u hve the FM in R/3, just check if it is RFC enabled. If it is not, create ur own ZFM copying this FM(wat u need) and make it RFC enabled by clicking RFC radio button in the attributes tab of your ZFM.

Now goto SM59 and take the logical system id of the system where your ZFM is there and give this logical system id after calling the FM in cProject.eg:

CALL FM destination 'logical system id'. and this FM will be executed.

Hope this helps.

Reward points if helpful.

Thanks.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Helen,

Not forget to set the indicatior 'remote-enabled Module' of the involved function module. To test connection, you can do it in the SM59, and button 'connection test'.

Kind rgards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

try to connect two systems with RFC.

RFC stands for Remote function call..

RFC needs to be maintained in Tcode: SM59

Niranjan

P.S. Award points if info is useful...