cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how sap can schedule to cancel a job

Former Member
0 Kudos

i know sap can schedule a job start. Reversely, how can cancel a job schedulely.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in SA38 run btctrns1 it will change the status of the scheduled job

run btctrns2 to get the old status of the job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

1st

I think btctrns1 program will lock all jobs, you cannot specify which one, it is used during upgrade and so on -> from SE38 documentation -> "transfers all jobs with the status 'Released' to the status 'Descheduled due to upgrade'." and btctrns2 unlocks them again.

2nd

I think in SM37 you can select also jobs which are started after event, just choose event which you are interested in in job start condition part of the SM37 window and what more you can goto "flexible selection criteria" and there you have a lot of selection properties.

anyway i think if someone wants just to cancel a job it is not necesary to delete it, just select job in SM37 and in job menu upwards select "cancell active job".

schelule the cancellation is not possible i think but you can setup the parameter in profile for long running apaps to canncel after some time (unfortunatelly i dont remember the parameter name now)... maybe it could prevent long running malfunctions jobs it it is your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly does "Reversely, how can cancel a job schedulely" mean?

Does it mean how to cancel a job that is in active status or delete a job which is in released or scheduled status.

Also BTCTRANS1 is worst possible solution in either of these cases. it just suspends all your released jobs. Doesnot do anything for scheduled or active jobs. Also it will do it for all jobs other than RDDIMPD and its client versions.

Frankly this is not clear.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sm37 does not work for deleting jobs permenantly.At least I have experienced this.

try out sm36, and choose 'own jobs' , find your job scheduled and delete.

This should solve your problem.

Hope it helps

Derya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why SM37 doesn't work it works well as far as i know.

If you want to cancel a job which you doesnt want to run then

just select the released job and then delete it.

Even you can change the time scheduled in SM37.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vamshi,

If your job is related to an event for example, you would not see the job in sm37 till the event is triggered. ( As I just tried )

For that case, sm37 would not help. How to proceed for such an example?

You would need sm36 --> own jobs to see your job in status released.

Edited by: Derya Akcakaya on Apr 2, 2008 3:28 PM

Edited by: Derya Akcakaya on Apr 2, 2008 3:30 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't schedule a job cancellation, you need to specify starting and finishing date/time.

SM36 -> Start condition -> Date/Time -> job will stop running at the date and time specified under "No start After" field

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see any clear relation to "Security", so will more the thread to "NW Administration"...

Regards,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go directly & remove the Job. Using SM37 - Job Overivew - Delete the Job.

Regards

Rajesh.