cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted all IDoc channels but can still receive IDocs in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our test system I deliberately deleted all IDoc Sender communication channels to test something. I then discovered that the XI system is STILL receiving IDocs!

I also refreshed the runtime cache. How can this be?

BR,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tony:

For IDOC to be sent, there is no need of sender communication channels. SInce IDOC adapter reside on integration Engine, A connection between R3 system and XI for IDOC communication is sufficient to flood the idocs. To stop the IDOCs in flow go to corresponding RFC destinations and partner profiles, and remove the IDOCs which you dont want to send

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I'm not talking about Sender agreements, I am talking about IDoc sender adapters.

Are you telling me that I can send IDocs to an XI system with no IDoc sender adapters defined? If so what is the point of the IDoc sender adapter at all?

BR,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tony:

We are also talking about IDOC Sender Adapter not Sender Agreement . There is no need since IDOC and HTTP adapters are part of Integration Engine, there is no need of sender channel or agreement.

Refer the following link for more info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you telling me that I can send IDocs to an XI system with no IDoc sender adapters defined?

Yes. And in a normal scenario, u dont have to create idoc sender communication channel to send idoc to XI. This is because idoc adapter resides on the Integration server (ABAP stack).

If so what is the point of the IDoc sender adapter at all?

There is no point. Therefore if u click on Idoc sender communication channel, u ll not get any configuration options.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, but the link you sent me does not explain that you do not need to use an IDoc adapter:

"You require the IDoc adapter to connect SAP systems (or external systems) to the Integration Server using IDoc communication. "

You are telling me that you don't need an adapter, then send me a link that tells me you DO need an adapter!

Repeat: What is the point of an IDoc sender adapter if you don't seem to need it? Why does the documentation say you do need it when I have a system processing IDocs without it?

I am totally confused now; please help!

BR,

Tony.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is nowhere written that "you do need it"

Just read my previous reply

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ever we are dealing with the IDOC and the HTTP as Senders means we dont require Any Adapter. these will directly can communicate with the IS .IDOC and HTTP will sits on ABAP Stack, where as the other adapter will resides on JAVA Stack. sothats why they required adapter to convert the Incomming data into XML.

Check this Exampler

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

You said:

"It is nowhere written that "you do need it"

The SAP documentation quoted in the previous post clearly states:

"You require the IDoc adapter to connect SAP systems (or external systems) to the Integration Server using IDoc communication. "

So it is written that you "do need it", even if it seems you don't.

And I ask again: Why be given the possibility to create an IDoc sender adapter in the system if you don't need it? There is a basic philosophical question that is not being answered here!

BR, and thanks so far all for replies,

Tony.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XI always communicates with other systems using adapters and this holds true for Idoc scenario also.

"You require the IDoc adapter to connect SAP systems (or external systems) to the Integration Server using IDoc communication."

This only means tht in Idoc sender scenario, Idco adapter is used. But it is nowhere written that to use this Idoc sender adapter of XI, u have to configure anything in XI integration directory.

The crux is that u dont have to configure sender agreement or sender communication channel in XI to receive an Idoc from R3 sender. But internally Idoc adapter will be used for communication.

I think i cant make it more clear..

Regards,

Prateek

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Just check this thread.. it might help you in understanding why IDOC sender adapter is not required.

and this blog.

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks

BUT, why bother prividing an adapter at all on the design time side, if it is not needed?

BR,

Tony.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to know I was successful

It is not that the adapter is not needed. The communication channel for Idoc is always required for receiver Idoc scenarios.

U should close the thread if everything is answered

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Everything is NOT answered

Nobody has explained why you have the option to configure an IDoc Sender; I understand the need for an IDoc receiver.

PLUS, if you are using alternative identifiers, you have to configure these in the IDoc Sender. So if there is more than one IDoc sender, which one is used?

Sorry to appear blunt, but I don't see why the thread should be closed if the question is not adequately answered!

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tony

If you want to know more about IDOC Adapter then you should read the Adapter material you get when you go through SAP XI Certification like TBIT40, TBIT50 or so.. Following is a sample from the doc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9479887@N07/2331086241/sizes/o/

Probably that should / will clarify most of the questions you had. And one more thing the link that I gave in my first post, i was supposed to tell you that to read all the content to IDOC (not just the link )which would have given you a fair idea about whats going on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll close this; thanks for your efforts! Clearly a lot of people know their way around the manuals and on line help.

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no need of sender communication channels to send IDOC.The IDOC adapter reside on integration Engine, A connection between R3 system and XI for IDOC communication is sufficient.

For more info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tony,

As I said in the other thread there is no need for Sender Comm.channel to trigger the IDOC. There might be some Jobs' running in the ECC side to trigger the IDOC to XI. Just check with ECC side.

raj.