cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We require to apply the 4-4-5 rule for our forecasting interactive planning book so that there is no week that is lying in between 2 months in year. Could you please let me know what are the steps that are required to be followed?

This is what I have done uptill now

I have for now gone to OB29 transaction and created a fiscal variant and I have checked the year dependent tab and have put the 12 posting periods (for the 12 months) and have not given any special periods. Now when I am trying to double click the periods on the left it is asking me to maintain the year dependent data and this is the point when I am stuck could you please let me know how can I solve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you put the year dependent flag after you created the posting periods?

the "maintain year dependent data" is a warning

it will take you to the next screen with a little popup where you need to enter the year you want to maintain this for (since it is year dependent) key in your year and you should be fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the early reply. I had a quick question.

For now I have imported the fiscal year variant from R/3 through BW. I have done the following and still not getting the desired results.

Storage bucket profile: I have attached the fiscal period there and checked the post periods box and use the storage bucket profile in the planning area.

Planning bucket profiles: I require 156 weeks so I am trying to make the following structure

156 W K1

W K1

The problem is that when I save the time bucket profile I am not being able to retain the K1 in the time bucket profile.

Is there something drastic that I am doing wrong

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your storage bucket profile, you should be using "posting period" as a periodicity to include the fiscal yr. variant K1. In the planning bucket profile, you should use the display periodicity as "P" instead of "W" in your example.

156 P Z1

P Z1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya got it man . I figured it out right after I wrote the scrap but thanks for the reply