cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring Transport workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am planning to configure transport workflow in the Solutioin Manager 4.0 box. It already has TMS configured on that.If I configure Transport workflows will the already existing TMS will be deteled?

Plz reply soon

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are also configuring the SolMan Charm and have a question regarding the program /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT run for the production system. Does it import all transports in release status which are in the production buffer? Or, does it only import the transports which are associated the Maintenance Cycle?

Kind regards,

Teren

0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess you have 1 solmansystem and n satellitesystems.

For each satellitesystem the TMS is configured correctly.

In solman you create an domainlink between solman and each satellitesystem.

So the solman TMS know all satellitesystems and you can check it in tcode stms.

You will see all this satellitesystems.

Configuring transport workflow in solman is not possible and necessary.

Best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your very helpful reply Thomas.

Is it not possible at all configuring Transport workflows in SM and if possible then its not a good idea or necessary?

Can you please tell me how to create domainlink between solman and satellite systems and how to check if it is already created.

There are all the SAP systems when i checked the Satellite system

using SPRO.

Does ChaRM workflow help for the fast automated Transports.

Plz reply soon.

Best Regards

Jyoti

0 Kudos

Hello,

each satellitesystem has his own domain controller.

The Solman is connected via domain link with these domain controller of each satellitesystem.

You can create this Links in two Steps:

1. - Logon in Solman system where the domain controller is located

- Tcode: STMS→Overview→Systems

- Mark the satellitesystem where the domain controller is located

- SAP System→Create→Domain Link execute

Now you only create the request for an domain link!

2. - Logon in satellitesystem where the domain controller is located

- Tcode: STMS→Overview→Systems

- Mark the satellitesystem where the domain controller is located

- There must be an option to answer the request from the Solman

You can check the domain link in Solman when you click in STMS on the button „Legend“.

The Typ „Other Domain Controller“ has a special symbol.

You get detailed informations about domain link in the SAP Library SAP Solution Manager.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/ae/64c33af662c514e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Please type in the search field "create domain link".

You will get some detailed documentations for domain link.

The transport workflow is realized in Solman with CRM and Solman actions.

Example:

If the status of service order SDHF (urgent correction) is changed from "In development" in status "To be tested".

there is an automatic transport into QAS system. Please be sure that you have realized the transport task, before.

You can create also a backround job for each system/mandant (except the productive system) for automatic import of all realized transport requests. We planed these backround jobs in all of our satellitesystems (except the productive system) every 10 minutes.

For you productive system you should start the backround job (Import Transport Request (Background) from the maintenance cycle manually. The report is called /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT.

This report imported all realized transport requests from the import queue of your system.

Hope it was helpful

Best regards

Thomas