Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we transport only Data view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

This is little urgent.

Can I transport only a data view, if yes could anyone please tell me how to do it.

We already have the dataview and underlying macros int he production, for soem reason we need to transport the definition of the dataview, can we transport just the dataview and not the macros in the dataview.

Out of all the following objects: transport dataview, planning book, time buckets profile, macros.

What all objects needs to be transported?

Thanks,

M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i know you cannot transport Data view alone

check the transport objects in your planing book transport you wont find anything related to data view

Any reason why you would not want to transport the rest of the objects (unless there are changes in macros in production that are not done in Developement ) ...

maybe you can try to get the production system open for a short while and make the definition changes quickly

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Finally solved the problem.

Harish you are correct, There si no way that we can send only Dataview transports.

Whenever you send any planning book

You can select if Macros should go, Time bucket profiles should go, Standard table entries should go or not.

If you have three dataviews in a planning book all the three dataviews will be transported, and before you transport you need to put back all the changes you might have done to your dataviews while testing or experimenting.

Have a great day.

Thanks,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having the same challenge.
When you decide if macros should go or not? What tcode are you using to transport.

Many thanks!