cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native/Vendor SQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd like to experiment with the Native SQL access option in the SAP Java persistence framework, but I'm uncertain how to create a second (other than default) connection pool that I can configure to Native SQL. In the May/June 2004 SAP Professional Journal article, "A Guided Tour of the SAP Persistence Framework," the authors state that "The J2EE Engine can manage multiple connection pools for accessing the same or different schemas in one or more databases ..." It isn't clear to me how to get multiple connection pools for the same schema. In the Visual Administrator (I'm working with a central, not a local system, by the way), it looks like there is one configurable connection pool per DataSource. Given a default DataSource of SAPXYZDB, is there a way to create a second connection pool for it? Or can I create a second DataSource that actually points to the same database/schema? Bottom line: I'd like to experiment with Native SQL, but without messing around with the default DataSource and without installing a second database. Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Randy,

go to SAPXYZDB, select "Copy All DataSource Properties" (the second icon from the right in the upper icon row), go to DataSources, "Create new Driver or DataSource" (the third icon from the left), "Paste all DataSource Properties" (the first icon from the right).

Change the DataSource's name. Then switch to "Additional" and choose Native SQL.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Detlev. Looks like that will work, though my Basis guys are on holiday in Kolkata, India and won't be able to try it until next week :-). We have one followup question which should get answered when we try it for ourselves: Will the "copy all properties" also copy the SAPXYZDB's database driver, user, and password? But I'm so confident in your reply, I've awarded you the "problem solved" points, thanks!

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Randy,

> Will the "copy all properties" also copy the

> SAPXYZDB's database driver, user, and password?

Funny enough, even the password (at least, it seems so, I just saw the "password stars", so I hope behind these stars there is really the password, not "real stars" ).

Thanks for the points and good luck

Detlev

Answers (0)