Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPOSS ID Creation??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created an SAPOSS ID in central CUA system, but when i am trying to login from the OS ID i am unable to login.

What may be the problem.?

Regards

Rakesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

User authentication failed.

The error was "name or password incorrect. "

i have created a new SAPOSSID and i am getting the same error.

Thanks

Rakesh

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

What is the error you are getting while you are trying to login with new oss id?

Cheers

Soma

Former Member
0 Kudos

User authentication failed.

The error was "name or password incorrect. "

i have created a new SAPOSSID and i am getting the same error.

Thanks

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

CUA is a bit tricky at times. I have often faced this problem. What happens at times is if a user is already created in CUA and is present in say child system 'A'. Now you want to create the same user in child system 'B', you add the roles, set a new password and save it.

The user will get created in 'B', however the password will not get pushed. We have to manually go in system 'B' and maintain the password.

Does the child system get an entry in UMR for the id with the roles you have assigned in the CUA system ? In the child system, does the change documents say 'new password set'?

Thank you

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I saw SUIM report in CUA for change documents and the password was successfully reset.

Regards

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

This is strange, if the change documents in the child system say the user is setup accordingly, the validity dates are correct, dont know what else could go wrong.

Is it the case with all the user ids you setup in that child system?

Is single sign on configured in the child system?

If yes, check what does RZ11 have for parameter: login/disable_password_logon

Thank you

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek....

Its working now..