cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple line describe requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question regarding the describe requirement process. We are currently using the describe requirement functionality for requests that are three line items or less, however the business has informed me that they need the ability to do multiple lines, as in up to 100 lines. Given what we have implemented today, our current solution is not going to fit this new requirement. My question is, how are other companies handling similar issues? Is there other delivered transactions that I should look at that might fit this need?

Best regards,

Shawn O'Connor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

How do you add lines. In my shop transaction all I have are the fields I mentioned above and a "add to shopping cart" button as well as a "Cancel" button. Am I missing some configuration that would add the ability to add lines? Thanks for all your help!

Best Regards,

Shawn O'Connor

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Shawn,

I think you are in transaction BBPSC02 and not BBPSC01.

In BBPSC01 , the 'describe requirement" is not available as you enter the data directly into a table format.

That's why i asked you if you were using the central (BBPSC01) oe simple (the 123 shop transaction).

I am running SRM40 and SRM50.

Kind regards,

Yann

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yann-

Thank you for the clarification. Yes we are using BBPSC02 not BBPSC01. I see what you are reffering to, thank you. I've rewarded points!

Thanks,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

I'm referring to transaction BBPSC01. We are then selecting the describe requirement link. This brings up six fields for the user to enter (Description, Internal Note, Quantity/UOM, Price/Currency, Category and Required on Date). This process works fine for a small number of line items but we need a way to enter 100 line items in a time efficient manner. As it exists right now the user would create their first line, then copy it to create a second line and update the data. This is too cumbersome for a large number of line items. I'm wondering if there is another way that is easier to enter multiple line items.

Best Regards,

Shawn O'Connor

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

in BBPSC01, you can insert 99 by 99 lines.

However, the 99 lines are not displayed in a single page as no more than 12 lines can be displayed then you have to swith to next page and so on.

Except by modifying th standard code to enable the display of 100 lines in only one page, i do not see any alternative.

Kind regards,

Yann

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure to clearly understand your questions as SC and PO transaction do accept more than 100 line items.

Could you please clarify if your requirement is for SC or PO and then what transaction you are talking about , (central purchasing or simple one).

Kind regards,

Yann