cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to move oracle database to a different server

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has done this with either the NWDI (JDI) or EP 7.0 systems.

We have a NWDI (NW 7.0, SP14, RHEL 4.5, oracle 10.2.0.2) installed on a server. For disk space reasons we would like to re-locate the database server on different hardware running on a different operating system (AIX).

On the oracle level we know we will need to build the oracle database on the new server using an import/export. On the filesystem level of the current hardware running WAS 7.0, it looks like we need to update the "j2ee/dbhost" parameter in the DEFAULT.PFL to point to the new server and update the /usr/sap/<SID>/profile/oracle/tnsnames.ora file. What else needs to be changed? Are there any changes needed using either the config manager or visual admin tools? Also, are there any other files within the /usr/sap/NDI directory and subdirectories which need to be changed manually to point to the new database server?

I hope we don't have to do a system copy ....

thanks in advance,

Steven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member273222
Participant
0 Kudos

You sound like you know what you're doing... The only other thing you need to do is point to the DB server in Config Tool. Run the Config Tool then go to "secure store." Change the "jdbc/pool/<SID>/Url" parameter to point to the new DB server and DB instance. If you changed the DB user or password they can be changed here as well.

I've never done this for a NWDI system, so I don't know if there something special you need to do for NWDI, but I've done it many times for other types of systems including EP 7.0.

So:

1. Change the j2ee/dbhost parameter in DEFAULT.PFL.

2. Change the jdbc/pool/<SID>/Url parameter in Config Tool.

3. Restart the system.

Hope this helps,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glenn,

thank you very, very much! Points to you!!!

Sincerely,

Steven

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your config tool will not come up as the Hostname/ SID / System No are different. So initially use offlinecfgeditor.sh and make changes to Propertysheet SystemProperties accordingly.

Regards

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaji,

thank you. your information is very helpful.

Sincerely,

Steven

former_member273222
Participant
0 Kudos

Configtool will still startup... But you'll only have access to the "secure store" section. Which is all you need access to.

Glenn