cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing date field to RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am implementing a mail to RFC scenario and everything seems to work fine except of this: the RFC has a date as incoming parameter, which is not filled (correctly). When I look at the message being sent to the RFC adapter I can clearly see that all values are filled correctly, but when I am debugging the RFC in ECC the date field has 0000000 as a value. I already tried to pass a whole set of formats, but none of them seem to be able to get passed. I already checked the communication channel monitor, but there no errors are shown (and the message still contains all values).

I saw that the field in XI has type date instead of the xsd:date which could be expected. But this is also the case for standard BAPIs, so I suppose this won´t cause a lot of problems. :-s

Anyone who could clarify/solve the issue that I am having? A solution would be to ask the ABAP developer to make it a CHAR field, but at this time I consider that as the last option (because it should be possible to solve it like it is)

Thanks a lot in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your replies!

I am aware of the fact that 00000000 is the default value of a date field in ECC. The issue is that it is filled at the XI side, but at the ECC side it appears to be empty.

At the moment I am passing 2008-03-12, because this seems to be the format what a xsd:date field would expect to receive (according to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/fe/26da4105aa3f5de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm), but this doesn´t seem to get passed. I also tried the the following formats:

20080312 (internal format ECC)

12-03-2008

12/03/2008

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sven,

Instead of XSD:Date, can u try with XSD:String itself.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RFC object generated by XI has choosen the type date (so not xsd:date) for this field, so maybe this needs another way of filling?

Making it a string would indeed be a solution, but I want to solve it like it is now. Because for example if it were a standard BAPI, you wouldn´t be able to solve it that way.

Thanks a lot!

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sven,

Could you let us know what format does the XI sends to RFC?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In SAP if you don't pass data to date field by default it has value 00000000

Regards

Vijaya