cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sort 2 dropdown boxes with joined context?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have 2 dropdown boxes that are lined to the same table context.

I do the binding by using the one bind_table method.

one DD is showing the Key while the other shows the description. They both have the same binding.

once the user changes one, new data is selected and the drop downs show the key & description.

What I want to do is to sort each list to be ordered. one by keys and the other by descriptions.

How should I do that?

thanks,

Itay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Itay,

I want to display the dropdown list with 2 values like the "numeric field" and its "description".

How can i do it ,can u please help me regarding this?

Thanks,

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first,

I would like to mention that there is no joined solution to what I asked here, which is different than what you ask...

You have to make 2 context nodes if you want to sort the data different.

in a drop down, you can't display 2 separate columns.

The only thing you can do is to concatenate the key to the description, something like:

CA - Canada

US - USA

FR - France

if you need to present more than one column maybe it will be best to put a table and link it to some event...

I "solved" this issue by putting 2 drop downs. I wanted to allow the user to select a value from a list and then to change the screen according to his selection.

I did something like:

Choose by key: <dropdownbykey - Key column>

Choose by description: <dropdownbykey - Desc column>

I hope this helps...

Itay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If i understand your question correctly, you have two dropdowns and both of them bind with one context node. And you want one dropdown display key sorted and other display description sorted.

As far as my understanding, order of data is depends upon how it is stored in the context. because you are using one context node for both drop down, you can only display data sorted either by key or by description.

Regards

Saurabh Garg