cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is "restart device" a good way to restart MI client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our users want to make sure the memory is cleaned so that they restart the device

in order to restart the MI client.

Is this always good? If not, what can make sure memory is reclaimed?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restarting the device is what is recommeded and especially when the lots of memory is consumed, restart of device is the only clean way to flush out memory contents.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any other options which is quicker if we do not care about memory fragmentation? Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, there is one.

Actually you will find in WINDOWS/startup the MI Startup shortcut.

This Shortcut has the codeline:

\Windows\CrEme\bin\CrEme.exe -Of -cf MI\creme_listOfJars.txt com.sap.ip.me.core.Startup -home:/MI

Define another Shortcut and place it really OUTSIDE the startup folder - makes sence

This Shortcut should be:

\Windows\CrEme\bin\CrEme.exe -Of -cf MI\creme_listOfJars.txt com.sap.ip.me.core.Startup -home:/MI

\Windows\CrEme\bin\CrEme.exe -Of -cf MI\creme_listOfJars.txt com.sap.ip.me.core.Startup -home:/MI -stop

After this, start Mi again with the shortcut found in the startup folder - well, make a copy at the new location.

This should work as well.

But if you are not worried about Memory fragmentation - why do you do it then at all??

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver:

I compare the time needed to re-start MI client in different ways.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

We were unable to see as you described on our PDA -

This Shortcut has the codeline:

How do we see it?

And how do we create a new shortcut on a PDA?

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

HiAndkur,

there are several PDA editors available that allow this functionality. It does not help to copy the link down to the PC - cause there you cannot change it.

Usually I use this software to do these steps:

ShellObjects.Net 9.0

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (0)