cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Side Validations in Visual Composer possible Or Not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I Want To Know Client Side Validations Possible in Visual Composer.

Because I Write Validate Code For input Field.They Give Only Red Color Message To inputField WhatEver I Gave In Condition Error Message.They Do N't Validate the InputFileds.But They give Suggession Only.

Please Respond ASAP.

SubbaRao Chinta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SubbaRao,

Although the WebDyn Pro runtime of VC does not perform "true" client side validations, the conditions that a modeler enters on a given control can prevent unnecessary requests to the back end. In order to add such a rule to a control you need to:

1. Choose Configure on the context menu of the control you want to validate

2. Select Rules in the Validation group of the task panel. This will open the Define Validation Rules dialog box.

3. Click the Add Row button, and then open the Condition drop down list, and add the condition you want (to prevent).

4. In the Error Message column, enter the text you want to display when this condition occurs.

If you have an action defined in the same view, it will not be carried out if the condition is true.

If your action is defined in a different view, you need to change the action's validation scope - go into the Define Action dialog and the validation tag, and change the validation scope to "window"

If none of this helps, try to describe what you have done and I'll see if I can help.

Good luck,

Eyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eyal,

My requireMent is As Follows.

I Want Validate Code For InputFields.

InputField-only Numeric Values.

I Did What You Said,But They Suggest Enter Only Numeric values.But User Enter Character it Goes To the Backennd.

And Also My Another problem is

if User Give Correct Values Provided To InputForm,Executes BAPI And Display Primary List.And If User Did Not give Any Values to inputForm I Want to Execute BAPI Return table For Messages.give Where I Write Code In Submit Button,What I Write.

Ok,Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SubbaRao,

I totally forgot this thread ... has your problem been solved?

At any rate, if you want a validation rule that prevents the user from sending a blank (null) value instead of a number, you can choose "user-defined" for the condition in the validation rules dialog, and =ISNULL(@yourFieldName) for the value.

I hope this helps.

Eyal

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you solve this?

do you have any document on validations in VC???

Thanks,

PradeeP

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to [this|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/48/16c40fcadb3d1be10000000a42189d/frameset.htm] help document for defining validation rules.

Best regards,

Tal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe that [this article |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0969ff9-e0b3-2b10-fe9e-80509bfda414;jsessionid=(J2EE3414800)ID0163414750DB10615479952799135275End]might help you.

Regards,

Yogev